Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
More McCarthy love.....
Need to watch this. Important reason I'm high on McCarthy. Could change plays at the line. 

https://twitter.com/JordanTSilveira/stat...6049548748

Jordan Silveira
@JordanTSilveira
"Why was #Vikings QB JJ McCarthy the QB I felt most confident projecting success to in the 23' #NFLDraft?
He was a QB mature enough @ 20 to be trusted to operate a pro-style scheme w/ full autonomy to override protections & play calls alike
Called plays like an NFL QB too."

VikingzFanPage
@vikingzfanpage
#Vikings WR Justin Jefferson on JJ McCarthy:

“I love his attitude. He is always asking questions, because he wants to learn how to be come a top quarterback and a problem in this league. I’m looking forward to what he has to bring to our team.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol

Former #Vikings QB
@Brad_Johnson_14
is a BIG fan of J.J. McCarthy 
?

“The kids only had success in his life… tough kid, makes all the throws and still young… if I had a choice last year in the draft for where I wanted it to go it would’ve been the Minnesota Vikings. I think J.J. is in a great situation.”
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I love everything that I'm hearing, including the criticisms...because I want him to have things to work on while he's riding the pine. If he's twitching because he feels like Darnold's "in his spot", we could have a locker room issue that we don't need.

I want him to have work to do on himself, and to see the results of doing the work, as he watches the veteran players this season. Just once, I want us to raise a young QB right, and I want the QB to be worth the effort.

Oh...GET THE FUGGIN' IOL FIXED.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

(07-10-2024, 10:07 PM)Zanary Wrote: I love everything that I'm hearing, including the criticisms...because I want him to have things to work on while he's riding the pine. If he's twitching because he feels like Darnold's "in his spot", we could have a locker room issue that we don't need.

I want him to have work to do on himself, and to see the results of doing the work, as he watches the veteran players this season. Just once, I want us to raise a young QB right, and I want the QB to be worth the effort.

Oh...GET THE FUGGIN' IOL FIXED.

I'm one of his biggest hype guys, but there's zero doubt he's got things to work on. And he will. He's not perfect or even the most desirable QB candidate or he would have gone higher and not the fifth QB drafted. These are all facts. Another fact is Minnesota probably would have chosen a different QB if they operated in a vacuum. But they don't. As I said ad nauseam, contrary to a few here, nobody was moving up into the top 3 picks: Chicago, Washington and New England were locked in. They needed QBs. So the Vikings either could have had Penix or JJM, as they passed on the opportunity with Nix. 

That's how it goes in the NFL and its not where you start, its where you finish. JMO, but McCarthy was my favorite, even over Maye and Daniels. But two things: I'm just a dumb ol' fan and I would have gotten behind whomever Minnesota drafted. But since they selected 'my guy', yeah I'm stoked. As a fan, I like thinking about his upside. But he could bust just like any of them. I don't have purple colored glasses with JJM, but I'm going to pump the selection up until proven otherwise.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I love reading all the positive reviews and endorsements for McCarthy, but I'm reserving all (OK, most) excitement until I see him in this offense.

I was not an early adopter on JJ like some of you, but by the time April rolled around I was truly beginning to wonder why the team seemed to like Maye so much more (if in fact that's true).

I've just seen so many QBs come into the league with all kinds of hype and promise, do and say all the right things, get rave reviews, only to see them fold like hot pretzel dough when they try to manage offense, pre-snap reads, route progressions and NFL-levels of pressure at the same time.

I do like his chances, though, considering the Vikings patient and prudent approach to his development.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

My belief is that JJM and Penix have the best chance for long-term success out of all the QBs in this year's draft. Why? They simply have the luxury of no pressure their first year. Yes, I've heard and read all the positive stuff about JJM, and that's great. In a perfect world, we will NOT see him on the field during the NFL regular season, unless it is garbage time in the 4th quarter (and we're ahead by a lot??). If we do see him this regular season, that is not an optimal scenario. Let him season a bit, like a fine wine that gets better with age.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

He won't be a star off his physical traits like some guys can be. He will have to be a Brady/Manning type, better from the neck up than other guys and that's how he succeeds. Hope he can pull it off.

(07-11-2024, 05:03 PM)comet52 Wrote: He won't be a star off his physical traits like some guys can be.  He will have to be a Brady/Manning type, better from the neck up than other guys and that's how he succeeds.  Hope he can pull it off.

I guess time will tell...

He's demonstrated the ability to throw a # of different passes, even @ run-heavy Michigan. 

No, he's not Lamar - but I suspect he's more light on his feet than Brady, Manning or KC.

It always takes the team, the system, and the coaching working together. The Vikings haven't balanced all that very well in a long time, at least not for a full season. If...BIG IF...the IOL gets better, Darnold should have the weapons and opportunity for a major resurgence while JJM gets "seasoned". We'll see.

The biggest consideration is whether KOC's system, and its players, are ready to take the next step.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(07-11-2024, 05:03 PM)comet52 Wrote: He won't be a star off his physical traits like some guys can be.  He will have to be a Brady/Manning type, better from the neck up than other guys and that's how he succeeds.  Hope he can pull it off.

He has elite physical traits. He is a far far far better athlete than either guy you mentioned. He’ll be closer to Pat Mahomes rushing than either of those guys. 

On top of that, he has elite arm strength.

Lastly, training camp and preseason may dictate who starts this year. In an ideal world a guy gets a year, but sometimes that guy is the best player and he’s ready to go early.
[-] The following 2 users Like Havoc's post: