Lots of talking heads saying if he gets #4 in a row..A feat never done b4

The 2017 No. 10 overall draft pick out of Texas Tech is:
A six-time Pro Bowler
Two-time First Team All-Pro 
Two-time NFL MVP 
Three-time Super Bowl champion
Three-time Super Bowl MVP

I'm a huge Mahomes/Reid/Chiefs fan...

But Brady's 7 rings are going to be hard to top. 

4 in a row would be a compelling argument imo. 

He's closing in for sure. I'm not a Chiefs fans which is weird because I think Reid is by far the best in the league and I am in awe every time I watch Mahomes, which was a whole lot because I lived in Missouri until last fall.

Living in Kansas City for 18 years and raising our son there since he was 2, the city and people hold a special place in my heart. They are great football fans. Mahomes is special. Reid somehow is still underrated to some, but he's also a special, Hall of Fame head coach. They've got a great thing going, full steam ahead. Honestly, if another team has to have success outside of Minnesota, KC is so much better to root for than a Dallas, New England, any Sean Payton coached team, the New York area teams, Philly and their asshole fans, Green Bay (ugh), insert historically successful team here, etc. Kansas City is a down to earth, Midwest feel type city and its people are really nice.

KC has only one two in a row now, so I'm not sure why anyone would be speculating on four until they get #3 bagged.

Lebron has a good argument for the GOAT as well if he wins the next two NBA titles.

The Vikings will rule the NFCN if we win the next two Super Bowls as well.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! I don't think KC gets the threepeat this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

A couple of thoughts I have with this:

1. Reid has worked brilliantly with Mahomes, and vice versa, to get that program to its current level and to keep it going. That's also involved protection (top 5 in the league, typically) as well as keeping at least one favorite target among the skill players.

2. As great as he is, Mahomes looks awfully "mortal" when his receivers have the dropsies, when the opposing defense can get to him consistently, and when he falls victim to his own belief he can make plays when he should throw it away. Look at week 1 of last season, when they lost to Detroit...the kittens were inarguably "on", but Mahomes couldn't shoulder the team with two stars missing.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

2 in a row... I don't think they are getting another one this year. Maybe they were just referring to him having 3 total and looking for a 4th?

(07-08-2024, 08:50 AM)pattersaur Wrote: KC has only one two in a row now, so I'm not sure why anyone would be speculating on four until they get #3 bagged.

Lebron has a good argument for the GOAT as well if he wins the next two NBA titles.

The Vikings will rule the NFCN if we win the next two Super Bowls as well.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! I don't think KC gets the threepeat this year.

For some reason I thought they had the 3peat already...

Brady and Pats pulled a 3 out of 4 during a stretch if memory serves me right - and it may not lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

The stars aligned for that one. Premier talent meeting premier organization. How many top QBs get to go to a stable org that understands the importance of a young QB spending a year learning on the bench, that understands the importance of continuity, keeping the same offense for your first 8 seasons. 

Vikings can have the same advantage if they do this right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(07-09-2024, 07:47 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: The stars aligned for that one. Premier talent meeting premier organization. How many top QBs get to go to a stable org that understands the importance of a young QB spending a year learning on the bench, that understands the importance of continuity, keeping the same offense for your first 8 seasons. 

Vikings can have the same advantage if they do this right.

I hope McCarthy is premier talent and it sure looks like the Vikings are doing it right with Darnold etc...

We'll see and watch this play out. We're only about 9 days till rooks report.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: