Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Danny Isidora provide a needed push for the Vikings offensive line?
Fifth-round pick Danny Isidora has made a strong impression in the early going, even moving his way into the first-team lineup at right guard. “I’ve been impressed with Isidora the whole time he’s been here,” head coach Mike Zimmer said.MANKATO, Minn. — If you’re watching the Vikings this preseason, you may see a new No. 63 at guard get some extended playing time.
Fifth-round pick Danny Isidora has made a strong impression in the early going, even moving his way into the first-team lineup at right guard. That position has lately been a carousel, still led by veteran Joe Berger, but including Isidora, T.J. Clemmings and even both centers Pat Elflein and Nick Easton.
http://www.startribune.com/can-danny-isi...438515093/

“I’ve been impressed with Isidora the whole time he’s been here,” head coach Mike Zimmer said. “I was telling someone of who he reminds me of last night, but I won’t say his name. He’s got wide, thick lower body, good movement, he’s good out in space. I think he’s done a nice job. I have a lot of hopes for him.”

Hmmm...

Reiff, Boone, Elfein, Isadora, Remmers????

Thats pretty young on the interior right side.

Hmmm started 3 years for the Hurricanes AT RIGHT GUARD, Vikings let him play AT RIGHT GUARD, and he looks comfortable. Maybe something to learn here?? Very glad to hear such positivity about Isidora, but in recent years the Vikings' coaches have tried to switch nearly every young OL prospect to a new position - did it with Beavers, tried with Clemmings, did it with Tyrus Thompson, Austin Shepherd, maybe more. Doesn't it seem like moving up to the NFL is enough of a challenge without shifting these guys right out of the gate??

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Hmmm...

Reiff, Elflein, Easton, Isadora, Remmers for 2018?

Played for a program with athletes in Miami. Iv'e said the same thing as the article before: he's thick like a NFL guard should be. He'll only get stronger. He's 6'3", not 6'7" so his center of gravity is low and he's can get the power sunk down and anchor. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
Hmmm...

Reiff, Elflein, Easton, Isadora, Remmers for 2018?

Hill, Elflein, Easton, Isadora, Reiff for 2018 ?

Reiff, Boone, Elflein, Price, Brown...OL rebuild complete...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Reiff, Boone, Elflein, Price, Brown...OL rebuild complete...
LOL

Always looking ahead to next year, Barr...  :-P

I'm really intrigued by Isidora...  Zimmer isn't the type of guy to hand out compliments to young players.  For him to be talking about Danny like that as a rookie...  Hmmm.

I like it!

Contrary to what I posted earlier, I think Elflein was drafted to play center, and will before long. Zimmer usually refers to him as a center.
I also feel Boone will have a good 'contract' year, and be resigned.
So that would make my 2018 line;
Hill, Boone, Elflein, Isadora, Reiff.