Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So if you don't think they're primed for a SB run in 24...
What is it that you are looking to get from this year?

For me...

I just enjoy watching pro football period
I am excited to see how high is up for the defense as a whole
I hope to see better execution more often in the run game
Hoping to see TJH return to form
Hoping Darnold surprises me and helps us win more than the 6.5 games Vegas predicts
How hi is up for Addison?

I also just enjoy NFL football. Love the Redzone Channel. Excited for it to start.

2024 for me is watching for the hope that Darnold can play better than expected. But I sincerely doubt that will be the case. Will JJM play this year? And when? My eye is definitely toward 2025, but I won't wish this upcoming season away either. My hope is that the Vikings have a 13+ year QB in McCarthy and he's the face of the franchise like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, CJ Stroud, Herbert, etc.

I want to see a 2025 Super Bowl team set the table this year. I think that probably looks like Turner and Reichard living up to their enormous potential, Addison showing everyone that he would be a #1 receiver on most teams, forming an utterly dominant pair of wideouts, and young, promising players like Pace, Blackmon, Chandler and Nailor taking big steps up. It also wouldn't hurt to hear great things coming from practices about McCarthy.

I want the FO to see a legit Super Bowl contender on the horizon if they were to add a couple more pieces...and so they use all that cap space to go for it all in '25.

Nobody expected a 13 win season in 2022 when KAM and KOC took over. Coaching makes a difference. I expect coaching to make a difference this season as well. That's why I bet the over. Looking forward to a season of better performance than expected.
Superbowl in 2025? Sometimes it takes a few knocks on the door to break through. Let the knocking begin this year. Why wait?
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

And Roy stepping up would also be nice...

VikingzFanPage
@vikingzfanpage
#Vikings ace Najee Thompson on who he expects to breakout:

“I expect our rookie class last year to come in and have a massive second year. If you look across the board at each position, even (Jaquelin) Roy at the nose, he is gonna have a chance to make disruptions like he can do.”
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I love NFL Football, particularly Vikings football.
I am very fascinated by the direction of this team with KAM/KOC at the helm, doubly so with new QBs and others in the mix.
Any SB run will have previous indicators, so I'm always looking for those. Prior to Kirk's injury, when we'd knocked off SF, the team looked convincing.
I'm really interested in how Sam Darnold answers the challenge to remain viable, with this best and possibly last real chance.
JJM...if we see him, Sam either gets hurt or bombs. I'm almost hoping not to see him in any real game time this season.
I want to see if Flores is really building a defense, or if anything was better than what we had.
I'm really impatient for this season....
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(06-28-2024, 09:20 AM)Zanary Wrote: I love NFL Football, particularly Vikings football.
I am very fascinated by the direction of this team with KAM/KOC at the helm, doubly so with new QBs and others in the mix.
Any SB run will have previous indicators, so I'm always looking for those. Prior to Kirk's injury, when we'd knocked off SF, the team looked convincing.
I'm really interested in how Sam Darnold answers the challenge to remain viable, with this best and possibly last real chance.
JJM...if we see him, Sam either gets hurt or bombs. I'm almost hoping not to see him in any real game time this season.
I want to see if Flores is really building a defense, or if anything was better than what we had.
I'm really impatient for this season....

Agree with the bold, but I wouldn't use the word "almost." I am definitely hoping we don't see JJ in 2024. First, because it would likely mean that Darnold is playing well and, two, and most importantly, I think we'll see a better JJ in 2025 if he doesn't play at all in 2024. 

I know not everyone agrees with that, but I've seen enough to strongly believe that the first time a young QB sees real bullets, he should know the offense inside and out and have at least one year of development away from the spotlight.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

...and Theo Jackson...

VikingzFanPage@vikingzfanpage
#Vikings S Theo Jackson had “the best spring of anyone on our roster,” one coach told @alec_lewis.

Just a reminder that young Theo was poached from the Titans practice squad, so he's not one of those 4 teams in 4 years kind of players.

I'm a fan of pro football and I also wager on it regularly - keeps things interesting. I have zero expectations for the Vikings this year. The betting markets have the win total at 6.5 and I think it's about right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

(06-28-2024, 08:50 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: And Roy stepping up would also be nice...

VikingzFanPage
@vikingzfanpage
#Vikings ace Najee Thompson on who he expects to breakout:

“I expect our rookie class last year to come in and have a massive second year. If you look across the board at each position, even (Jaquelin) Roy at the nose, he is gonna have a chance to make disruptions like he can do.”

I've read from a couple sources that the Vikings have moved Najee Thompson from CB to Safety. Their website hasn't yet been updated to reflect this move & it's strictly a move on paper as Thompson only plays on STs. But, I do wonder why this move was made,