Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-Aron strikes again
(06-12-2024, 09:36 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: nick wright
@getnickwright
·
42m
I know some folks think that any Aaron Rodgers criticism is about a vaccine decision from 4 years (that basically only Aaron still talks about), when in reality it’s about him being one of the phoniest, most disingenuous athletes of our lifetimes.

https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status...3666242575

People tend to gravitate to celebrities that are humble and down to earth.  A-aron is nothing like that, especially in later years.  The Chico, California native underscores his roots (rather than his Wisconsin residence for approx. 18 years), with everything from R-E-L-A-X, to showing up at training camp mugging a Nicholas Cage-Con Air vibe, to his final greasy hairbag Allstate commercials, to his "dark cave" journey, to his hallucinagenics to yes, the anti-vax stance he took during the pandemic.  Combined (with lots of other actions) it creates an image of an aloof individual out-of-touch with his fans. Disingenuous?  Yup.  Phony?  Yup.  Seeing him flush out after only a couple plays last season made me smile.  And I don't like to wish bad things on anyone, but I'm hoping for something as serious and/or self-inflicted this year.

I disliked Aaron unitl he started speaking against the narratives. Groupthink is evil
[-] The following 2 users Like Still Hurtn's post:

[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(06-12-2024, 09:15 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Rumor has it Aaron and Joe Rogan were caught in a drug-fueled tryst in a hotel room in Newark. Several empty containers of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine were found strewn about at the scene along with nude pictures of Alex Jones.

Nice idiotic political slant that speaks to your own stupidity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

Sorry coach. Can't make mandatory minicamp. I have a trip to Egypt....

https://www.si.com/nfl/new-report-reveal...y-minicamp

For a whole bunch of reasons, Rogers is "an acquired taste"

Has been from the get-go...

I dont think he's as loved by Pack fans as Favre was, he's hasn't done his own PR any positive service by going public on divisive issues for a pro athlete to take a stand on, and its been a disappointment for all of Jets nation in the what and the how in NY to-date.

On paper the Jets are a strong AFC team with an exemplary D. But now I have my doubts the chemistry required to excel is in that locker room.

(07-02-2024, 11:59 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: For a whole bunch of reasons, Rogers is "an acquired taste"

I dont think he's as loved by Pack fans as Favre was, he's hasn't done his own PR any positive service by going public on divisive issues for a pro athlete to take a stand on, and its been a disappointment for all of Jets nation in the what and the how in NY to-date.

On paper the Jets are a strong AFC team with an exemplary D. But now I have my doubts the chemistry required to excel is in that locker room.

If they start out strong, and open at 2-0, I think the locker room will be fine. But if that is reversed, then there may be some fun brewing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wiviking's post:

(06-13-2024, 02:21 PM)Waterboy Wrote: Nice idiotic political slant that speaks to your own stupidity.

Man, your hackles go up quick...Country doesnt need that shit. Not from our politicians or in each other. 

Didnt your parents teach you to disagree without attacking people?

(07-02-2024, 11:59 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: For a whole bunch of reasons, Rogers is "an acquired taste"

And lets not forget Rodgers turns 41 in December.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(07-02-2024, 12:07 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: And lets not forget Rodgers turns 41 in December.

Its is going to be very interesting to see how Rogers/KC navigate the older QB/Achilles issue this season.