Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports.com: How the Vikings aced their offseason
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

It's not a stoopid take at all imo.

The amount of personnel change the last few years is pretty mind-boggling.

I still think its about a 6.5 win team, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if we're talking scenarios to a playoff tix around Xmas either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(06-03-2024, 01:53 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: It's not a stoopid take at all imo.

I still think its about a 6.5 win team, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if we're talking scenarios to a playoff tix around Xmas either.

They are setting themselves up for a window starting next year that could be a very fun and competitive stretch. This season could be a mild surprise, we'll see.

(06-03-2024, 01:53 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: It's not a stoopid take at all imo.

It wouldn't shock me if we make the playoffs.  I think knocking Detroit off the pedistal is a tough ask but I could see us getting a wildcard spot.  The Darnold is going to be better then we think.

It's usually takes awhile for so many changes and new faces to start to gel. I expect to lose some real clunkers the first half of the season. I'm hoping everything comes together in the second the half, even if we don't make the playoffs, but enter 2025 as a team on the rise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NorseFeathers's post:

Yah, it could be a rough start with so many new faces and look at how this schedule plays out. If they dont win vs Gmen? It could be a long first 8 games:

Week 1: at New York Giants
Week 2: vs San Francisco 49ers
Week 3: vs Houston Texans
Week 4: at Green Bay Packers
Week 5, Oct. 6: vs New York Jets (Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London)
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: vs Detroit Lions
Week 8, Oct. 24: at Los Angeles Rams (TNF)
Week 9: vs Indianapolis Colts
Week 10: at Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 11: at Tennessee Titans
Week 12: at Chicago Bears
Week 13: vs Arizona Cardinals
Week 14: vs. Atlanta Falcons
Week 15, Dec. 16: vs Bears (MNF)
Week 16: at Seattle Seahawks
Week 17: vs Packers
Week 18: at Lions

They made the moves that had to be made and did so with very sound logic on each. They went for long term and potential high ceiling with JJM and Turner instead of paying Cousins and Turner, locked down Jefferson, added additional edge rushers and brought in some solid depth. I am impressed with how they handled it all and where we are now. The final grade is going to be largely based on where JJM ultimately rates. The two areas I feel like we may have missed on were two of our weakest, DL and CB, but there were only so much we had to work with, hopefully there are some surprises at those positions.

Had Kwesi & crew botched the JJetta re-signing, the entire off-season would have looked like a failed endeavor. A "ya, but" offseason.
The two big question marks remaining to me are DT and QB. QB because we don't have faith in Darnold and hope like hell they don't rush JJM before they need to. DT because...no such thing as a Williams Wall, or any of those top DTs that might have been available for a massive pay check.

With the salary cap, the luxury of having lower cost options at certain marquee positions (QB for one), allows you to splurge more across the board.

I find nothing in that article to disagree with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(06-03-2024, 03:56 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Had Kwesi & crew botched the JJetta re-signing, the entire off-season would have looked like a failed endeavor.  A "ya, but" offseason. 
The two big question marks remaining to me are DT and QB.  QB because we don't have faith in Darnold and hope like hell they don't rush JJM before they need to.  DT because...no such thing as a Williams Wall, or any of those top DTs that might have been available for a massive pay check.

With the salary cap, the luxury of having lower cost options at certain marquee positions (QB for one), allows you to splurge more across the board.

I find nothing in that article to disagree with.

I was not (and am still not) happy we did not lock down Wilkinson.

(06-03-2024, 05:34 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I was not (and am still not) happy we did not lock down Wilkinson.

We will have ample cap room to find someone like that next offseason.  I understand the reason why they had to keep some of their powder dry.
They did a damn good job with remaking the roster as it was.
[-] The following 3 users Like Montana Tom's post: