Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's the kicker...
Is it too much to hope that we've drafted our QBOTF, our new Hunter, AND our kicker for the next decade?

Dustin Baker@DustBaker
Most Missed FGs + XPs, Last 5 Seasons:

Vikings: 49
Jets: 46
Colts: 45
Patriots: 44
Browns: 43
Cowboys: 43
Commanders: 41
Rams: 41

Dustin Baker@DustBaker
Most Missed Extra Points, Last 5 Seasons:

Vikings: 22
Patriots: 18
Chiefs: 17
Browns: 17
Cowboys: 15

(05-28-2024, 11:51 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Is it too much to hope that we've drafted our QBOTF, our new Hunter, AND our kicker for the next decade?

Dustin Baker@DustBaker
Most Missed FGs + XPs, Last 5 Seasons:

Vikings: 49
Jets: 46
Colts: 45
Patriots: 44
Browns: 43
Cowboys: 43
Commanders: 41
Rams: 41

Dustin Baker@DustBaker
Most Missed Extra Points, Last 5 Seasons:

Vikings: 22
Patriots: 18
Chiefs: 17
Browns: 17
Cowboys: 15

Thanks for the painful reminder.  22% more missed extra points than the next worst.  You can't win championships when you are not able to count on your kicker for "gimmee's".  Totalling up the missed extra points and field goals, we left 103 points on the field.  How many additional losses did this contribute to, over those five years?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

And now the kicker that missed a lot of those field goals and extra points is the Packers nightmare.

Is Zimmer still working on Deion's staff at CU? Maybe we can bring him back to work with the new kicker using some of his motivational techniques.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(05-28-2024, 01:15 PM)badgervike Wrote: Is Zimmer still working on Deion's staff at CU? Maybe we can bring him back to work with the new kicker using some of his motivational techniques.

Hes DC down in Dallas again IIRC.

(05-28-2024, 01:31 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Hes DC down in Dallas again IIRC.

That's right.  Kendricks playing for him again.  Didn't EK lambast Zimmer's intimidation coach style?
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(05-28-2024, 01:42 PM)badgervike Wrote: That's right.  Kendricks playing for him again.  Didn't EK lambast Zimmer's intimidation coach style?

I dont recall that.

(05-28-2024, 01:42 PM)badgervike Wrote: That's right.  Kendricks playing for him again.  Didn't EK lambast Zimmer's intimidation coach style?

Kendricks called his coaching style "fear-based." But it sounds like he's got nothing but praise for his ol' buddy Mike now.

(05-28-2024, 01:12 PM)Greylock Wrote: And now the kicker that missed a lot of those field goals and extra points is the Packers nightmare.

Speaking of Packer kickers, I saw Mason Crosby over the holiday weekend.  He has a lake house on the same lake as me up North (about an hour and a half from Green Bay).  We know each pretty well and he is well aware of my lack of Packer fandom.  I think he finished the season last year kicking for the Giants when their kicker went down and did pretty well.  I was surprised the Packers didn't turn to him at the vet minimum to compete with Anders Carlson rather than Joseph.  I understood releasing him before when we was still looking a salary commensurate with being their all time scoring leader.