Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FoxSports: Vikings one of NFL's most improved teams this offseason
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

The first sentence is "The NFL does not hand out a trophy for winning the off-season".

Yeah and that's a shame because we'd need to build a whole building to house all our off-season trophies if they did.
[-] The following 3 users Like comet52's post:

(05-11-2024, 12:19 PM)comet52 Wrote: The first sentence is "The NFL does not hand out a trophy for winning the off-season".
Yeah and that's a shame because we'd need to build a whole building to house all our off-season trophies if they did.

I love your positivity.

[Image: 543376de-2780-48d6-a6e9-825542e76da6_text.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

It seems kind of odd that a team that lost a pro bowl QB and DE would be considered improved, but I do get what the author is saying, we had an excellent off season and made the moves that had to be made within the budget constraints that we had. We may not be there today, but we have put ourselves in a great position to be a much better overall team.

(05-11-2024, 03:11 PM)JR44 Wrote: It seems kind of odd that a team that lost a pro bowl QB and DE would be considered improved, but I do get what the author is saying, we had an excellent off season and made the moves that had to be made within the budget constraints that we had.  We may not be there today, but we have put ourselves in a great position to be a much better overall team.

Yah, I dont think there are many fans that aren't optimistic regarding the teams overall outlook. 

I have no idea about w/l this season, but the arrow is pointed up. 

This is the first year (for me) its really felt like we're moving on from the Zimm/RS era. 

Things were stale, I was ready for change.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(05-11-2024, 03:02 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: I love your positivity.

[Image: 543376de-2780-48d6-a6e9-825542e76da6_text.gif]

Just my loving gift to you, Sticky. Errr, Stickier. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

Just my opinion, but I think we are probably only a 6 or 7 win team this year....which I'm perfectly OK with as long as McCarthy gets a learning season, our young players get experience, and we finish strong heading into the offseason.

The issue is the division has improved dramatically, we still have holes along both lines, and good chance Sam Darnold starts at least the first half of the season, probably without Hockenson. I fully expect the first month of the season to be pretty rough in Viking land and I just don't trust Darnold to not turn the ball over

(05-11-2024, 08:34 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Just my opinion, but I think we are probably only a 6 or 7 win team this year....which I'm perfectly OK with as long as McCarthy gets a learning season, our young players get experience, and we finish strong heading into the offseason.

The issue is the division has improved dramatically, we still have holes along both lines, and good chance Sam Darnold starts at least the first half of the season, probably without Hockenson. I fully expect the first month of the season to be pretty rough in Viking land and I just don't trust Darnold to not turn the ball over

I'd agree the year could very well start off kind of rough. I've got 7 to 8 wins myself as a guess. I don't trust the interior of either line unfortunately. Darnold is Darnold until proven otherwise, but I probably have a little more optimism he can at least be a smidge better than what we've seen. 

Zero doubt this is a transition year and the rest of the NFCN is improving.

I'm not sure I would call the Vikings "improved." We're going from Kirk Cousins to Sam Darnold. Just that by itself makes the claim seem ridiculous. 

What's more, people who don't pay attention think of this team as a 7 win team. That's how many games we won. But this was a 10 to 11 win playoff team who lost its starting QB and used 4 different QBs the last half of the season. 

So, is this a better team? Probably not. But do we improve from 7 wins? Probably a little. The key is that we're now set up to make a serious run in 2025.

Hey!

We may all agree on something; 24 is a transition year...

Find the joy in the journey lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: