Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBSSports: 'JJM hits the ground running at rookie camp'
lol, you have to love the NFL hype train. I can only imagine how mundane yesterday's first rookie get together was. If you read all the team's hype for their rookie camps, everyone is going to the Super Bowl. Regardless, good to see the kid in purple, slinging the rock. 
He's very natural and relaxed in his pressers. KOC said he came out by himself on Friday and ran practice plays so he'd be ready for yesterday.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j-j-m...-minicamp/

StickierBunslol, you have to love the NFL hype train. I can only imagine how mundane yesterday's first rookie get together was. If you read all the team's hype for their rookie camps, everyone is going to the Super Bowl. Regardless, good to see the kid in purple, slinging the rock. He's very natural and relaxed in his pressers. KOC said he came out by himself on Friday and ran practice plays so he'd be ready for yesterday.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j-j-m...e-minicamp

It's going to be fun watching and reading about his development. He definitely comes across as being mature beyond his years considering he was one of the youngest QBs coming out in the draft. Speaks well, confident.

It is kinda funny though how one quote by our coach generates an article by different news sources. Hype machine in full effect and I'm consuming!

BOOM
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

Off to a good start. Came in in shape, does all the right things, says all the right things. OK, so he's not Demetrius Underwood. Check that one off I guess. But if JJ's road ahead is a mile long, where he's at now is about the width of a nickel.

Bust...

https://x.com/Up4Discussion_7/status/178...0239349974
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

He's just a baby in years, but you can tell he's been dealing with the press for a while. Big program, big games - have given him more savvy than a lot of kids his age.
[-] The following 4 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(05-11-2024, 08:36 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: He's just a baby in years, but you can tell he's been dealing with the press for a while. Big program, big games - have given him more savvy than a lot of kids his age.

Yep, he's just natural. Genuine. Brought up well. I mentioned this, but the NFL lights won't bother him. Give him some time to figure things out and his talent will ooze through onto the field. 

IMO, this is the first kid we've had at QB that will be money in stressful situations. Consistently. He likes competing. He's got a great athlete's easy demeanor. I know to some he seems developmental and has risk for bust. I get that if you haven't followed him closely his whole career. I'm a Michigan fan and I was born and raised in Michigan. All boys growing up in Michigan love the Wolverines. Its something you follow as an adult whether you went there or not, which I didn't. JJM is the first 5 star high school QB I remember Michigan ever recruiting. He was ranked top 25 OVERALL for all players the year he came out of H.S. I've followed his whole career unlike any other player, its not usually my thing. Some dudes are just chill when the heat is on, that's this guy. But he's also very physically talented.

Just sayin': this kid has the 'it' factor Viking's fans have been waiting for.
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(05-13-2024, 09:44 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Yep, he's just natural. Genuine. Brought up well. I mentioned this, but the NFL lights won't bother him. Give him some time to figure things out and his talent will ooze through onto the field. 

IMO, this is the first kid we've had at QB that will be money in stressful situations. Consistently. He likes competing. He's got a great athlete's easy demeanor. I know to some he seems developmental and has risk for bust. I get that if you haven't followed him closely his whole career. I'm a Michigan fan and I was born and raised in Michigan. All boys growing up in Michigan love the Wolverines. Its something you follow as an adult whether you went there or not, which I didn't. JJM is the first 5 star high school QB I remember Michigan ever recruiting. He was ranked top 25 OVERALL for all players the year he came out of H.S. I've followed his whole career unlike any other player, its not usually my thing. Some dudes are just chill when the heat is on, that's this guy. But he's also very physically talented.

I said it at the time of the Ponder pick, so no rearview mirrors.  It was horribly obvious the guy was not a leader in any way, shape, or form.  He was the kind of teammate others snickered at and never backed up a thing he said on the field.  McCarthy seems to be the polar opposite and much more like the guy who just got roasted from Michigan, though a lot less corny.  I'm not saying he's going to be the GOAT.  What I am saying is I love his confidence and focus.  He wants and needs to back up what he says and will do everything in his power to do so.  I think he's just got leader written all over him.  With the people he has supporting him, I'm not sure I would have wanted anyone else in this draft.  There's an "it" factor that's definitely there.  It doesn't look like bravado at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waterboy's post:

(05-13-2024, 09:44 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Yep, he's just natural. Genuine. Brought up well. I mentioned this, but the NFL lights won't bother him. Give him some time to figure things out and his talent will ooze through onto the field. 

I have not followed Michigan ball so there is that...

I just hope to hell he aint the next Ponder and has a higher ceiling than Bridgewater.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I remember the Mythbusters testing the saying" hitting the ground running".  Turns out it completely scrambles your stride, making you start over and ending up slower than from a standing start  Cool

(05-14-2024, 12:24 AM)RS_Express Wrote: I remember the Mythbusters testing the saying" hitting the ground running".  Turns out it completely scrambles your stride, making you start over and ending up slower than from a standing start  Cool

lol, I loved Mythbusters. Great show. 

Obviously its rookie camp and all the media is reporting their team's rookies as amazing, its just par for the course. Every rookie has a bunch to learn, regardless of where they were or weren't drafted.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post: