Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft Week Rumor Thread
Its on like Donkey Kong. The closer we get, the more truthful the 'rumors' become....might be a few days away from that however:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/bron...ider-rumor

https://twitter.com/JaimeEisner/status/1...gr%5Etweet

That si rumor article is basically, "Everything is on the table."
[-] The following 1 user Likes PurplePastor's post:

(04-22-2024, 08:43 AM)PurplePastor Wrote: That si rumor article is basically, "Everything is on the table."

And yet we clicked on it.  They got exactly what they were after.
[-] The following 2 users Like AGRforever's post:

[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-22-2024, 10:35 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I'd take this in a heartbeat:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...o-edition/

I'd take this too but I'm not sure the team has the stones to wait til 11 for JJM if the top 3 are gone. I know for damn sure I wouldn't lol. If he's who they want I don't think they let the draft fall to them in this case. It'll be a trade up almost certainly. And that's fine w me. The cheaper the better but don't mess around if that's the guy.

NFL Draft 2024 Rumors: Vikings, Giants Most Active in Talks for Patriots' No. 3 Pick

The Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants have been "the most active" teams pursuing the New England Patriots' No. 3 pick, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"The two teams, in my mind, that I've been able to ascertain that have been the most active calling up to No. 3 have been the Minnesota Vikings, No. 1, and I think second, if we're going to quantify it, is the New York Giants," Schefter said Monday on the Pat McAfee Show. "Those are two teams that have expressed an interest in moving up to No. 3."

Patriots director of scouting Eliot Wolf said last week that the Patriots are "open for business" regarding a trade for the pick, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.

Wolf said trade talks were "ongoing" but that the Patriots had not yet received an offer compelling enough to make a move, Reiss reported.

Both the Vikings and Giants are looking to add a quarterback in the draft.

With the Chicago Bears expected to draft USC signal-caller Caleb Williams, and the Washington Commanders likely choosing between LSU's Jayden Daniels and North Carolina's Drake Maye, Minnesota and New York would likely need to trade up to No. 3 in order to snag a top-three quarterback in this year's draft.

That may be difficult given the Patriots' asking price, Schefter said.

"It's going to take a lot, and so I don't know, ultimately, if New England is going to move off that pick," Schefter said. "New England may just stay right where it is.

"They're more likely to move the pick than the Commanders, but I still think the odds favor them staying where they are."

The Patriots' asking price might increase if the Commanders decide to draft Maye with the No. 2 pick, Schefter added.

"If Daniels goes No. 2, obviously he's not going three. If he goes to three, the price of three goes up a lot if the Commanders decide not to take that pick," Schefter said. "But I think, the Commanders, in the end, will opt for Daniels."

In that case, Schefter said the Vikings have shown "the most interest" in trading up.

Minnesota currently holds the No. 11 pick, at which point the top four quarterbacks in the draft could be already off the board. The latest 2024 NFL Mock Draft from the B/R NFL Scouting Department has Williams, Daniels, and Maye, as well as Michigan's J.J. McCarthy, going within the top five picks.

Any trade package the Vikings put together to move up within that top five would likely involve the No. 23 pick the team acquired via trade with the Houston Texans in March. Per Vikings.com's Lindsey Young, head coach Kevin O'Connell said that extra first-round pick could give Minnesota "flexibility" for a draft-day trade.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011...-no-3-pick

What if JJM goes number 2 like one guy suggested? It’s going to get crazy expensive. Would you give up the farm for Daniels?

I probably would. It would be a tough call though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havoc's post:

Where UW’s Michael Penix Jr. is projected to be drafted in NFL mock drafts
Seattle Times sports staffApril 22, 2024 at 11:48 am

CBS Sports’ Tyler Sullivan
Raiders draft Penix at No. 10 via mock trade
Sullivan writes: “Michael Penix Jr. is one of the more mysterious prospects in this draft due to the simple fact that it seems like nobody knows where he’ll come off the board. His range spans from the backend of the top 10 to the top of the second, but we have the Raiders swooping in with a trade-up to bring the Washington product to Las Vegas. The Raiders jump ahead of the Broncos to secure Penix and New York gains some capital without drastically moving down the board.”
ESPN’s Mel Kiper in mock with Field Yates
Rams draft Penix at No. 33 via trade with Panthers
After making this pick for the Rams, Kiper says: “Matthew Stafford turned 36 earlier this year, and he has dealt with injuries the past two seasons. The Rams could target a passer to start in 2025.”

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler
Raiders trade up from second-round pick to No. 29 to draft Penix
From Brugler: “According to The Athletic’s Vic Tafur, ‘the whispers are getting louder that the Raiders might draft Penix at No. 13. But this scenario feels like the better option, even if it means parting with a pair of Day 2 draft picks. A polarizing player among NFL front offices, Penix is an aggressive downfield passer with the mental toughness that will certainly stand out for Pierce and his staff.”

ESPN’s Matt Miller in QB-only mock with Jordan Reid
Giants take Penix at No. 47 in second round
Miller writes: “Penix should come off the board earlier than this based on ranking — he is No. 38 on my board — but the teams that need quarterbacks in Round 1 are all at the top of the order, which might mean Penix slides to Round 2. And the Giants can capitalize there, adding Penix to compete with Daniel Jones and new signee Drew Lock for the starting job as early as 2024. Jones struggled in six games last season after signing an extension then tearing the ACL in his right knee to end his campaign. Penix is a surgical passer with big-time arm strength and a fearless mentality. The lefty is great from a clean pocket and has easy accuracy to all levels of the field while showing a quick release. Penix led the nation in passing (4,903 yards) and averaged 9.7 air yards per attempt last season. However, he has some injury history that might concern some teams (and potentially contribute to the aforementioned slide). He had four straight seasons end prematurely at Indiana (knee and shoulder injuries) before transferring to Washington prior to the 2022 campaign.”

USA TODAY Sports’ Nate Davis
Seahawks trade down in first round to take Penix at No. 31
Davis writes: “Admittedly, this could be a bit rich given Penix’s history of knee and shoulder problems – even if recent medical reports are encouraging… GM John Schneider, who recently restructured Geno Smith’s contract, hardly indicated the team is committed to the journeyman beyond next season.”

Sporting News’ Vinnie Iyer
Raiders take Penix at No. 44 in second round
Iyer says: “Vegas might come up snake eyes on the first-round QB run, but it would love to rebound here with another high-upside target. Penix has a big arm and underrated mobility, and the Raiders have time to wait with Gardner Minshew bridging the gap.”

NBC Sports’ Connor Rogers
Vikings take Penix at No. 11
Rogers says: “Penix sees the field extremely well pre- and post-snap, while showing off a howitzer of an arm. His pocket passing ability would transition nicely to Kevin O’Connell’s offense, challenging all areas of the field with Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison.”

Pro Football Network’s Ian Cummings
Raiders select Penix at No. 13
Cummings says: “Even as a five-year starter, Michael Penix Jr. still has room to improve his mechanics and accuracy. But his combination of linear athleticism, elite arm strength and drive velocity, field vision, and steely competitive toughness may win over a coach like Antonio Pierce.”

NFL.com’s Chad Reuter
Raiders trade with Panthers up from second round to take Penix at No. 33

NFL.com’s Dan Parr
Raiders take Penix at No. 13
From Parr: “Sensing that the Seahawks could be eyeing a reunion between Penix and his UW offensive coordinator (Ryan Grubb, who is now Seattle’s OC) at No. 16, the Raiders decide they need to strike for their quarterback.”

NFL.com’s Gennaro Filice
Raiders trade up to No. 30 to draft Penix
Filice writes: “I don’t know what the Raiders think about the extensive injury history, but NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported last month that the combine medical exams “came out extremely positive for Penix — no issues going forward.” One thing I do know: Penix has a serious whip of an arm. And one thing I think I know: Las Vegas won’t be able to secure his services by sitting tight at Pick No. 44.”

NFL.com’s Rhett Lewis
Raiders take Penix at No. 13
From Lewis: “I love this fit. If not for the injuries, I believe we’d be talking about Penix in the same breath as the top three QBs. I think his pure arm talent is second to none in this class, and he has more athleticism than people give him credit for. He immediately becomes the best passer on the roster.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-h...ck-drafts/

I would be absolutely shocked if any of the top 6 QB’s drop to the 2nd round. There are entire annual drafts where any of these guys would be the first QB off the board.

It’s possible Penix drops due to injury history, but I don’t see it having anything to do with his playing ability.

Who likes Penix? The Raiders are high on him and need a QB. The Seahawks are in the mix. Our own Vikings are possibility. I can even see the possibility of a team like the Giants or Tennessee taking him in the top 10. Michael Penix is a heck of a prospect. For whatever reason he’s being discounted during this draft process. I like to think it’s because of there being so many good QB’s, but sometimes it’s simply the fact that plenty of NFL front offices are really bad at their jobs when it comes to the position.

If we take him, I for one will be excited.

from r/minnesotavikings

from r/minnesotavikings

(04-22-2024, 10:02 PM)Havoc Wrote: I would be absolutely shocked if any of the top 6 QB’s drop to the 2nd round. There are entire annual drafts where any of these guys would be the first QB off the board.

It’s possible Penix drops due to injury history, but I don’t see it having anything to do with his playing ability.

Who likes Penix? The Raiders are high on him and need a QB. The Seahawks are in the mix. Our own Vikings are possibility. I can even see the possibility of a team like the Giants or Tennessee taking him in the top 10. Michael Penix is a heck of a prospect. For whatever reason he’s being discounted during this draft process. I like to think it’s because of there being so many good QB’s, but sometimes it’s simply the fact that plenty of NFL front offices are really bad at their jobs when it comes to the position.

If we take him, I for one will be excited.

from r/minnesotavikings
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: