Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do they love Powell or Nailor?
If the answer is not much? I would not be surprised to see a potential WR3 drafted in 4th.

draft a wr, nice deep draft to try and find a mid round gem
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

You can't count on Nailor, he's proven that. Powell provided more than expected from the receiver position but he's more of a 4th or 5th receiver and not someone you want to depend on to provide production if either Jefferson or Addison go down with injury. Receiver is absolutely on the needs list amongst the many on this roster
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

I think they like Nailor, but Nailor can't be trusted unfortunately.

Nailor flashed an ability to get open his rookie season and looked like he had the potential to eventually be our WR3, but then ended up on IR for practically the whole season. Like most of the '22 class, this is Nailor's make or break year.

Given how deep this class is, I think we'll see some good WR talent drop into day three, but WR3 is not a position I'm too worried about. If it's not Powell or Nailor, a late round pick, UDFA or free agent are other options. My overweight Borgie could play WR3 and our WR group would still be better than everyone else's.

Not that we can get him but I watched a bit of Malik Nabers and ... Wow! I rarely see a guy on vid and have that kind of reaction. I think he's gonna be a star.
[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post:

(04-21-2024, 09:24 AM)comet52 Wrote: Not that we can get him but I watched a bit of Malik Nabers and ... Wow!  I rarely see a guy on vid and have that kind of reaction.  I think he's gonna be a star.

Yep. He is much more of a sure thing than Daniels, Maye, JJM, etc. But I am told that we have to trade our future for a projection QB who will likely be just ok and is more likely to bust than become a star. Whatever.

(04-21-2024, 09:24 AM)comet52 Wrote: Not that we can get him but I watched a bit of Malik Nabers and ... Wow!  I rarely see a guy on vid and have that kind of reaction.  I think he's gonna be a star.

He's no secret, thats for sure...This years group of WR's looks exemplary, especially at the top (and especially in April lol)

(04-20-2024, 04:18 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: If the answer is not much? I would not be surprised to see a potential WR3 drafted in 4th.

The answer is not much, ha. But either guy can be an almost-serviceable WR3, and that's totally fine when we also have Hockenson and Aaron Jones. I'd be surprised to see WR picked any earlier than super-late, and if we do go that route I'll be highly interested in the player because to me WR isn't a need at all.

Wide receivers miss time. JJ missed what 7 games? Addison missed time as well. We need more talent at backup for sure. This is a deep WR class, should grab one day 3, ‘cause it won’t be day 2…  Angel