Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock

J.J. McCarthy-QB Michigan
With all the hand wringing over getting moved up to draft the top 3, Our Vikes are better served in waiting it out in this QB deep draft. I can’t see seeking the farm to move up when MCarthy and Penix will likely be there at 11. McCarthy is going to need time to run an NFL offense, but he has all the tools and traits to be a Starter in the NFL.  May not have the floor of Penix but a higher ceiling with minimal risk. 

35.( trade 23 and 129 for 35 and 71)
Chop Robinson- EDGE Penn State
A gifted athlete falls in this draft after his somewhat limited  production is scrutinized. Could be a home run pick
Ruke Orhorhoro- DT Clemson
Big Stout Man that has traits to be very effective in the run game. A needed rotation piece in today’s NFL. 
Brandon Coleman- OG TCU
Played mostly LT and some LG in school but will need to move inside due to his feet/balance. Will need some development but should be a starting quality Guard at some point. 
Gabe Hall-DT Baylor
A popular pick in mock drafts by several in the twitterverse. Another 3-4 end with good traits and run game grades.  May go a little higher. 
Javon Baker- WR UCF
Another popular pick in other mocks for us. Good NFL size and decent traits to be a solid WR3 in the NFL. 
Hunter Nourzad-  OC Penn State. 
Good size and enough athleticism to run the zone schemes KOC loves. We need a developmental prospect behind Bustbury and this is a really good value at this point in the draft. 
DeCamerion Richardson- CB Mississippi State
Long and fast but  hasn’t translated the traits to the field. Maybe a long project or special teamer. 
Cam Little-  K Arkansas
Need to draft a kicker and Little is likely the best in this class. 

Overall picks 1 and 2 could be impact players and it’s hard to ask for more from a draft.  To me this is not a very deep draft but all these picks have NFL quality traits that gives them all a chance to be contributors.  I think there may only end up being 20 impact players in this draft. The talent level in this league is so elite.   Hopefully Kwesi hits it out of the park this year. 

[-] The following 2 users Like Bullazin's post:

totally agree with you re stick and pick and not overpay for a QB who is pure projection. I would be very happy with this draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dadevike's post:

Is it possible all this shit about McCarthy is smoke and he's still on the board at 11? You bet. Anything's possible. But to call it likely is wishful thinking IMO. 

Too many QB-needy teams. If the Vikings don't move up to 4 or 5 to take him, the Giants could at 6, or the Broncos, or the Raiders between 7 and 9. And even if none of that happens and McCarthy is on the board at 10, cell networks will crash due to all the phone calls the Jets are going to get for pick 10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I would be shocked if McCarthy is there @ 11, there is just too many qb needy teams who would value his traits.

But hell, Chop and McCarthy would make most happy here, including me.

I've seen a couple of mocks now with Little going to the Vikings.

Thx for post OP, always glad to take-in others POV on the draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(04-20-2024, 02:00 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Is it possible all this shit about McCarthy is smoke and he's still on the board at 11? You bet. Anything's possible. But to call it likely is wishful thinking IMO. 

Too many QB-needy teams. If the Vikings don't move up to 4 or 5 to take him, the Giants could at 6, or the Broncos, or the Raiders between 7 and 9. And even if none of that happens and McCarthy is on the board at 10, cell networks will crash due to all the phone calls the Jets are going to get for pick 10.

Yep. Not even saying it’s likely, but not unlikely either.  I would be totally fine with Penix at 11 as well, hell Nix is a better prospect than Ponder was so who knows. Do you want to pay the premium ( future firsts) for a prospect like JJM that needs time?  If they like him why not at 7 since Titans would love to build their trenches guaranteed. 

If it’s me, I’m not giving 3 firsts for anyone except Williams, Daniels or possibly Maye. 

As in most mocks you can get an IOL, Edge, or Corner at 23 or as in mine, turn 23 into 3 quality picks.