Poll: What do you hope they do @ QB?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maye: Move up to top 3
29.41%
10 29.41%
Daniels: Move up to top 3
8.82%
3 8.82%
JJM: A moderate move-up
20.59%
7 20.59%
Grab Nix or Penix at 11 and keep 23 for something else
41.18%
14 41.18%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 days out - a QB Poll
The recent narrative is that Penix and Nix aren't 1st round QBs.

(04-16-2024, 06:46 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The recent narrative is that Penix and Nix aren't 1st round QBs.

That is why I'm surprised there are more votes to go that route at 11 than trading up for Maye or Daniels.  This poll is asking what you'd prefer, and I would certainly prefer to get one of the top QB prospects in a trade up than reaching for lesser prospects at 11 all just to be able to grab another player at 23.
[-] The following 3 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(04-14-2024, 10:37 PM)savannahskol Wrote: My draft: 

11:  Dallas Turner, DE Alabama
23:  Byron Murphy DT Texas

Roll with Sam

You'd love to add that to the defense. And I do think Sam Darnold is going to have a bit of a breakout. But he just throws too many picks. And that isn't going to just go away. You gotta get the QB.

(04-16-2024, 06:46 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The recent narrative is that Penix and Nix aren't 1st round QBs.

Without considering position value, no they're not. But neither is JJ. Still, I'd bet my Chazz Surratt jersey that all 6 go in the 1st round.

Another thing that seems funny to me is I remember all the complaining about Zimmer drafting defense, building a top defense, and getting a game manager at QB (Teddy, Bradford, etc). Lots of complaining about that and saying we need a franchise QB to win it all... Now we have some fans wanting to roll with Darnold and go defense with our first two picks? I'm puzzled...
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(04-16-2024, 08:07 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The ol' stick and pick:

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-...pick-cb-qb

Oh my. I don't hate Nix, but I wouldn't take him before Penix. I don't hate Arnold either, but I wouldn't take him before Mitchell. I wouldn't take a corner over a DT like Murphy either. This would be a sort of worst-case draft for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(04-16-2024, 08:11 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Another thing that seems funny to me is I remember all the complaining about Zimmer drafting defense, building a top defense, and getting a game manager at QB (Teddy, Bradford, etc).  Lots of complaining about that and saying we need a franchise QB to win it all...  Now we have some fans wanting to roll with Darnold and go defense with our first two picks?  I'm puzzled...

Yep. Fans love to complain. Fuzzy memories. Chase the shiny thing. QBs need support! QBs should elevate the franchise alone! No matter the selection or direction, the only guarantee is half the fans will hate it.

I'm leaning towards Nixs at 23 and if he gets scooped up then oh well. We'll likely suck this next year anyway. Murphy would look pretty nice in purple at 11.

(04-16-2024, 07:12 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: That is why I'm surprised there are more votes to go that route at 11 than trading up for Maye or Daniels.  This poll is asking what you'd prefer, and I would certainly prefer to get one of the top QB prospects in a trade up than reaching for lesser prospects at 11 all just to be able to grab another player at 23.

I think a lot of fans believe (rightly so) that drafting a qb is a crapshoot, other holes to fill, may not be a big separation across the top 4 vs bottom 2.

So might as well get two players instead of 1 

Our starting qb is a poster child for crapshoot. 

#3 overall pick
On his 4th (?) team now
Turnover Machine