Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd looking to emerge, finally...
While we've been doing the Skol Show podcasts for about 6 months, ive never dove into blogging on our site.  All the positivity surrounding Michael Floyd over the past few days motivated me to look into some numbers, which led to my first blog.  Never been an English major, so go easy on me!  Worse than the grammar, I did make a Floyd/Cris Carter comparison.  Once again......go easy on me!

https://homersradio.com/floyd-looking-emerge/

Nice write up,  I loved watching this kid at ND and look forward to seeing him make plays in purple. 

Props to you KY. That was a good article and a very respectable first effort. The video clip inserts were a nice touch.

KY, you're too hard on yourself - this is well-written, polished, and better than a lot of the "professional" articles published. I actually like the way you compared Floyd with Carter: you don't try to claim they are the same situation or will have identical results, just that resurgence has happened before. 

I look at it this way: we let Cordarelle Patterson leave and we brought in Floyd. If we had done the opposite, know what we would all be saying about Patterson? "Maybe he can emerge as a starting WR.." That's about the same status as Floyd.

Good job, KVF. I agree with Jor-El, the comparison you make between CC and Floyd isn't out of line. It might be hard to believe that it will happen but I think your numbers bear out that it could happen. I'd like to see Floyd accomplish this, for himself and his family more than anything. I know he's got plenty of confidence in himself on the field; now it would be great if he could have that same confidence off of it, at least with respect to life choices. If his career really rebounds, it's certainly an open door he should go through to motivate him to walk away from alcohol once and for all.

his concerns over getting beaned for making the CC comparison arent out of line,  people around here are always quick to bash any mention of another player when you are trying to draw situational comparisons.  I made the same connection to CC when we were trying to sign him and got ripped by a couple posters at the time about saying Floyd was a future HOFer even though I made no such comments... (rolls eyes) 

great write up.

Nicely done. There are similarities between Carter and Floyd. Obviously, Carter has the Hall of fame career. But both have amazing skills and struggled with similar demons. And even though I was frustrated with Floyd's situation, I want to see him overcome. I am rooting for his recovery. I watched him at Notre Dame and with Arizona. He has made the most of his training camp and I am glad he is surrounded with support. I am hoping for the best. Seeing him make some amazing catches reinforces that he has it on the field. He just has to get it together off the field.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
his concerns over getting beaned for making the CC comparison arent out of line,  people around here are always quick to bash any mention of another player when you are trying to draw situational comparisons.  I made the same connection to CC when we were trying to sign him and got ripped by a couple posters at the time about saying Floyd was a future HOFer even though I made no such comments... (rolls eyes) 

great write up.
I think it's because that comparison is the dream, when there's a greater possibility that Floyd is closer to Koren Robinson than a hall of fame wide receiver.

I like Floyd, and i think he's probably the biggest potential guy that we have had at the position in awhile.  I wish the NFL didn't require players who are suspended to be kept away from the team, because those for weeks are going to be a test for Floyd.  It's those 4 weeks that will make or break Floyd's season.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

great write up.
I think it's because that comparison is the dream, when there's a greater possibility that Floyd is closer to Koren Robinson than a hall of fame wide receiver.

I like Floyd, and i think he's probably the biggest potential guy that we have had at the position in awhile.  I wish the NFL didn't require players who are suspended to be kept away from the team, because those for weeks are going to be a test for Floyd.  It's those 4 weeks that will make or break Floyd's season.

no,  the comments were about Floyds on the field abilities not being anywhere CC was at even though the point was about taking chances on under performing guys that are trying to get their lives straight.  I dont think anybody expects Floyd to be an HOF receiver for us,  but if he can get sober and stay that way I think he could be our #1 guy.

Nice write up Ky.  I actually found the comparison with CC interesting.  Being the old fart I am, I remember CC joining the Vikes and being somewhat skeptical at the time.  Damn, if Floyd ending having even a portion of the success CC had I think we'd all be elated.

Once again, good job Ky.