Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todays mock, trade down
So if our guy is Drake Maye and the Pats take him, which I don’t see how they cannot, I trade out of 11 for 2 early day 2 picks.  Penix makes it to 23, we draft him and build out our fatties for the next 5 years.  I really like how this shakes out. 
[Image: qjo2amq1zby4.png]

I don't realistically see Penix falling past the mid teens.

Agreed. Looking like all through Qb 6 going before 20. 

Some smart draftniks are saying Penix belongs in the top 3 QB discussion...

Biggest question on him is obviously the medicals.

How long will the knees last? And how much will they cut his career short by (not if). 

I can get on board with a Penix pick. I wouldn't take him over Maye or McCarthy. His throwing motion is nails on a chalkboard, and his injury history makes me nervous. But his arm talent might be the best in this draft. When you factor in the cost difference, he starts to make a lot of sense.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I can get on board with a Penix pick. I wouldn't take him over Maye or McCarthy. His throwing motion is nails on a chalkboard, and his injury history makes me nervous. But his arm talent might be the best in this draft. When you factor in the cost difference, he starts to make a lot of sense.  
ditto - especially if you could keep a 2nd #1

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

How long will the knees last? And how much will they cut his career short by (not if). 

I know they say this could be a historic draft class but I'm kinda past it.  If we can't get our guy.  Lets roll with Darnold, Mullens & Hall.  If they suck (and they probably will) we get a good draft pick next year.  If 6 QBs go in the top 20 lets say and there is a tremendous wealth of talent at other positions.  Heck, maybe we could do a trade out of 11 and let one of the other teams draft a QB and stockpile a few picks.  Maybe even get a QB tax 1st rounder unlike when Kam got fleeced his first year. 

The other thing I see playing out though is not all of these QBs are going early.  Every year there is QBs that drop much lower then anyone expected. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

I know they say this could be a historic draft class but I'm kinda past it.  If we can't get our guy.  Lets roll with Darnold, Mullens & Hall.  If they suck (and they probably will) we get a good draft pick next year.  If 6 QBs go in the top 20 lets say and there is a tremendous wealth of talent at other positions.  Heck, maybe we could do a trade out of 11 and let one of the other teams draft a QB and stockpile a few picks.  Maybe even get a QB tax 1st rounder unlike when Kam got fleeced his first year. 

The other thing I see playing out though is not all of these QBs are going early.  Every year there is QBs that drop much lower then anyone expected. 
but how many years to you get so many QB needy teams,  like literally dont have a viable starting QB on the roster like we see this year?  I think just as the Vikings are going all in on QB out of this deep crop,  I see the same for Bears, (likely the Pats although I think they are a year away with so many other needs), the skins, the giants, the broncos, Vikings,  and you could likely make damn good arguments for at least 3 more teams that could jump on one if he were to fall to them out of this top 6.