Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Jones anyone?
I'm never in favor of signing FA RBs. Too much wear on the tires. There will be good RBs available on Day 3 of the draft who can complement Chandler.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
I'm never in favor of signing FA RBs. Too much wear on the tires. There will be good RBs available on Day 3 of the draft who can complement Chandler.
He's got some tread left. Packers wanted him back. If Minnesota can get any kind of ok QB play this season, Jones would help make them competitive. I'm looking at him as a 1 to 2 year guy that has talent and gas left in the tank. JMO. I think this is the thinking with Minnesota coaches as well.

I think he's a good fit. But I suspect he'll want a lot more money and more years than we're willing to give him. I could be wrong, but Aaron Jones just seems like one of those players who won't sign a deal until the summer. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
 but Aaron Jones just seems like one of those players who won't sign a deal until the summer. 
Summer came early:

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/176...4347379900

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
 but Aaron Jones just seems like one of those players who won't sign a deal until the summer. 
Summer came early:

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/176...4347379900
I like it.  1-year deal for a guy who is an upgrade to Mattison in both receiving and vision. Now to see if our OL can make a hole for Jones to hit...

Probably a big part of why the Vikings wanted Jones...

Purple FTW! Podcast
Sacks Allowed in Pass Protection
2023 Alexander Mattison: 4.0
2023 Ty Chandler: 4.0
Aaron Jones for His Entire 7-Year Career: 4.0

I love it. He doesn't need to be the bell cow, we've got someone to split reps with...but he's a helluva bruiser and blocker that can "go off" on an opponent for quarters at a time. I'm glad to have him in our uniform.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Probably a big part of why the Vikings wanted Jones...

Purple FTW! Podcast
Sacks Allowed in Pass Protection
2023 Alexander Mattison: 4.0
2023 Ty Chandler: 4.0
Aaron Jones for His Entire 7-Year Career: 4.0
Does he have to pass block a lot behind that Packer oline that holds on every play and never gets called for it?