Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Missouri voters turn down stadium tax.

So there's a lot more to this. Arrowhead Stadium is in Jackson County, Missouri....not the most affluent county. All the residents of that county pay for 100% of the tax of any stadium repairs or new stadium. So much so that resident actually get preference on season tickets, etc. There's no tri-county stadium tax or even a state tax. Its not downtown, where it should be. The team has handled this very poorly. The football and baseball stadiums are right by each other. There is NOTHING within miles of these stadiums....no bars, no restaurants, no retail, no hotels.

And they still win the Lombardi, what kind of owners are they.

HAs there ever (in history) been a case where taxpayers said yes, raise my taxes for a sports team?

I was reading some comments last week and it sounded like the desire downtown location is not a very safe part of KC and that is why some were opposed to the proposal.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I was reading some comments last week and it sounded like the desire downtown location is not a very safe part of KC and that is why some were opposed to the proposal.
They'd actually have to remove some businesses that are there, which also people aren't liking. And no parking downtown already. The land has to be in a bad part of town so its cheap to build, no matter if its downtown or in the 'burbs. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
They'd actually have to remove some businesses that are there, which also people aren't liking. And no parking downtown already. The land has to be in a bad part of town so its cheap to build, no matter if its downtown or in the 'burbs. 
I like the current situation. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So there's a lot more to this. Arrowhead Stadium is in Jackson County, Missouri....not the most affluent county. All the residents of that county pay for 100% of the tax of any stadium repairs or new stadium. So much so that resident actually get preference on season tickets, etc. There's no tri-county stadium tax or even a state tax. Its not downtown, where it should be. The team has handled this very poorly. The football and baseball stadiums are right by each other. There is NOTHING within miles of these stadiums....no bars, no restaurants, no retail, no hotels.
So true, I have been there and it's in nowhere land