Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegas has us at 6.5

Yeah, sounds about right. Probably picking anywhere from #8 to #11 in next year's Draft. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Yeah, sounds about right. Probably picking anywhere from #8 to #11 in next year's Draft. 

Biggest reason why we shouldn't trade our 2025 1st.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@StickyBun said:

Or should depending on how you look at it 

@StickyBun said:

I don’t think this is entirely true.  The
reason we’re projected where we are is our lack of a QB moreso than our overall
roster talent.  The solution is to get a
QB and probably get them a year of seasoning more than it is to get more
picks.  I think it could be debated on
whether the best way to get a QB is to trade up for a “better” prospect or take
multiple swings at it, but yeah over investing in one guy is a big risk if it doesn't pan out.

Quote: @medaille said:
@Knucklehead said:
@StickyBun said:

multiple swings at it, but yeah over investing in one guy is a big risk if it doesn't pan out.

Draft history shows us that no matter which 1st round QB we choose, that QB is unlikely to develop into our franchise QB & as you stated over investing in one guy is a big risk if it doesn't pan out. Draft history also shows us that missing on a 1st round QB won't set your franchise back, but spending multiple 1st round picks to draft a QB & missing on that QB will indeed set your franchise back.

I didn't like having to include our 2025 2nd round pick in the trade for #23 as that pick potentially can be a top 40 pick. However, I understood the need to do so. That trade doesn't happen without our 2025 2nd rounder.
Now that KAM has telegraphed his intention to trade up into the top 10 to draft a QB, I have no issue with trading #11 & #23 to do so. I wouldn't even have an issue with having to include Day 3 picks in  order to seal the deal. But given the miss rate on 1st round QBs (& after seeing Penix's pro day today) trading away our 2025 1st is a hard no for me.

@medaille said:
@Knucklehead said:
@StickyBun said:

Draft history shows us that no matter which 1st round QB we choose, that QB is unlikely to develop into our franchise QB & as you stated over investing in one guy is a big risk if it doesn't pan out. Draft history also shows us that missing on a 1st round QB won't set your franchise back, but spending multiple 1st round picks to draft a QB & missing on that QB will indeed set your franchise back.

I didn't like having to include our 2025 2nd round pick in the trade for #23 as that pick potentially can be a top 40 pick. However, I understood the need to do so. That trade doesn't happen without our 2025 2nd rounder.
Now that KAM has telegraphed his intention to trade up into the top 10 to draft a QB, I have no issue with trading #11 & #23 to do so. I wouldn't even have an issue with having to include Day 3 picks in  order to seal the deal. But given the miss rate on 1st round QBs (& after seeing Penix's pro day today) trading away our 2025 1st is a hard no for me.

If KAM trades our 2025 first round pick some of us are gonna go ballistic.

6.5 might be high. Some just won’t come to grips with how God awful Sam Darnold is. He’s Nick Mullens with a bigger arm. 
Unless we somehow luck into this year’s CJ Stroud, 5 wins feels about right. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
6.5 might be high. Some just won’t come to grips with how God awful Sam Darnold is. He’s Nick Mullens with a bigger arm. 
Its a Vegas line. Its high to you, doesn't mean its high to others. We know, you think Darnold sucks.....trust me, everyone on the board has 'come to grips' with that. 

Nobody beats a dead horse like you and Supa, interjecting the same tired shit into every thread. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:

Just think, if Darnold gets us to the playoffs that would put him higher than our last QB. Just saying.