Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers new Mock
Just released today. He has the Vikings landing McCarthy at pick #11 (without having tobmove up), and then taking Cooper Dejean with the 23rd pick. Talk about best case scenario if we can't move up for Drake Maye. 

Looking at the board if we were able to keep the 23rd pick, there should be some interesting talent on the board. Latu, Chop Robinson, both Texas receivers, the Oregon center. 

Kinda like the scenario of keeping both picks frankly.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Just released today. He has the Vikings landing McCarthy at pick #11 (without having tobmove up), and then taking Cooper Dejean with the 23rd pick. Talk about best case scenario if we can't move up for Drake Maye. 

Looking at the board if we were able to keep the 23rd pick, there should be some interesting talent on the board. Latu, Chop Robinson, both Texas receivers, the Oregon center. 
That would make me pretty happy

I'd take that right now and twice on football Sunday. Ship it.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b95246hyh51lci2kxh5wlsq...w.gif&ct=g]

Chicago only has 4 picks in this draft. It's just so logical that they would trade back from #9 to accumulate more picks & deny us a QB.

Its just hard to say with all the smoke where the quarterbacks end up. Look at Will levis and Hendon Hooker last year. A lot of pundits had them as slam dunk top 15 picks only to go much, much later. I just don't know that the Vikings could afford to sit and wait on Maye or McCarthy with Denver and Oakland picking directly behind us. 

Let me offer up a scenario and everybody can put their GM caps on;

Would you trade Justin Jefferson to Arizona for their two firsts this year (4th and 27th) along with a conditional mid round pick in 2025? By doing so you assure the franchise of grabbing one of the elite QB prospects in this draft, along with being able to fill a lot of roster holes in need of talent. For example, we parlay those picks into;

4. JJ McCarthy, QB Michigan
11. Byron Murphy, DT Texas
23. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C Oregon
27. AD Mitchell, WR Texas 

Would it be worth trading Jefferson (and his very strange contract situation) for this kind of haul? Or maybe we move one of those later 1st round picks to Cincy for Tee Higgins? I don't know, the more I look at this...the more I think trading Jefferson is probably the right move to make 

Its just hard to say with all the smoke where the quarterbacks end up. Look at Will levis and Hendon Hooker last year. A lot of pundits had them as slam dunk top 15 picks only to go much, much later. I just don't know that the Vikings could afford to sit and wait on Maye or McCarthy with Denver and Oakland picking directly behind us. 

Would you trade Justin Jefferson to Arizona for their two firsts this year (4th and 27th) along with a conditional mid round pick in 2025? By doing so you assure the franchise of grabbing one of the elite QB prospects in this draft, along with being able to fill a lot of roster holes in need of talent. For example, we parlay those picks into;

Would it be worth trading Jefferson (and his very strange contract situation) for this kind of haul? Or maybe we move one of those later 1st round picks to Cincy for Tee Higgins? I don't know, the more I look at this...the more I think trading Jefferson is probably the right move to make 
It would be really hard to see JJ traded BUT if the quarterback situation gets derailed, JJ could turn into Diggs 2 and ask for a trade.  Then the value goes down.  So in your scenario with those 4 picks and the possibility of moving one of those picks for Higgins to team up with Addison they should seriously consider it.

As Maroon mentioned, Denver and the Giants just don't have much if anything to move into the top 10. If we want to entertain the thought of trading JJ I think we could also do something like:

4. MH Jr., WR Ohio State
11. JJ McCarthy, QB Michigan
23. Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon
27. T'vondre Sweat, DT Texas

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:

As Maroon mentioned, Denver and the Giants just don't have much if anything to move into the top 10. If we want to entertain the thought of trading JJ I think we could also do something like:

4. MH Jr., WR Ohio State

Giants are already picking in the top 10 and could possibly take a QB. But if it worked out how you presented, I'd be pretty happy with that. We need a quarterback and an influx of talent, so if trading Jefferson is the best way to make that happen, so be it 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:

4. MH Jr., WR Ohio State

So you're trading JJ for MHJr and Sweat and some future mid-round pick? Heck no.
If we can get JJM and a new Center with our own picks there's zero reason to trade JJ in your mock.
If the team knows he's gone the first chance he gets then that's a different story. But with the info I have today, no shot I trade Justin for unproven rookies, especially ones who aren't QBs.