Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing some rumors that Vikings are in discussion with the Commanders….
Jayden Daniels, JJM, Maye? Guy claiming Maye
Anyone else hearing anything? Saw a little thing from USA Today saying Commanders.

will be interesting to see if a trade is finalized today. lots of smoke

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Anyone else hearing anything? Saw a little thing from USA Today saying Commanders.
I would be surprised if they weren't having conversations with all of them. But it does present an interesting situation. If they get to 2, would they take Daniels over Maye or McCarthy? Daniels is an exciting player, but is he what KOC is looking for? 

Its Maye if they get #2. Daniels is no fit for KOC. He is most comfortable with a pocket guy given his track record.
that said i like Daniels but like Maye a bit better.

I'm with Supa on this -- much as I would love to see Daniels wearing purple again in the pros? Moving up to #2 scares the bejeezus out of me...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I would be surprised if they weren't having conversations with all of them. But it does present an interesting situation. If they get to 2, would they take Daniels over Maye or McCarthy? Daniels is an exciting player, but is he what KOC is looking for? 
 I have the same questions. The McCown link makes me think Maye, but s#it, I just don’t know anymore. 

If they believe they can fix Maye’s footwork, he could definitely be the guy. He has a ton of talent, but there is definitely risk involved. I think very highly of Daniels, but I’m not sure if they see him as a fit. 

All I know for sure is I hate waiting

Going up to 2 would gut our drafts the next 2 years.  11, 23, 2025 1st + something else might leave us with no Day 1 or 2 picks until 2026.  Yikes.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Going up to 2 would gut our drafts the next 2 years.  11, 23, 2025 1st + something else might leave us with no Day 1 or 2 picks until 2026.  Yikes.
This is exactly correct. The draft is the lifeblood for teams, but many on this board will say, "well that's OK because we now have 100 million to spend in free agency next year so F them picks." I don't know if that's a sound philosophy in team building, but it's what we are doing so hoping it works out. But if our drafts are gutted the next few years because we are being forced to trade up as expected, you can thank the "competitive rebuild" for it. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
will be interesting to see if a trade is finalized today. lots of smoke
Nah....this thing is going to play out a bit I think. Unfortunately.

Quote: @RS Express said:
I'd be shocked if Minnesota is looking to move up that far, I think that's bullshit.