Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings make trade with Houston, add 1st round pick
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Cowherd loves himself some KOC......yes, I know what I did there.  :p

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/...2166441013
You wouldn't know it by listening to Viking fans, but KOC is generally considered one of the better play callers in the NFL
Its because he is. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
Looks like they don't luv either Nix or Penix.
That's certainly what it appears like on the surface of this move. 
Not at 11, but maybe at 23 now.  11 can add a STUD DL (if you can't move up) and 23 you can get Penix all while keeping your 1st next year.   That would be a fucking haul for a team with key pieces in Jefferson, Addison, Darrisaw, ONeil, a revamped defense and $120M to spend next year 
It's all pretty good for the Vikes. Bottom line for me is this: We now have what it will take to at least get QB4. And they did it without giving up any future 1sts. Just THAT is pretty exciting. 

Heres my dream now.  Penix or McCarthy at 11 and Powers Johnson at 23 to keep him clean. 

Welp, it's nice to have options and this helps us with that. Unfortunately for us this now becomes essentially a one player draft if we move up because we don't draft again until pick #108 in the 4th round. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Cowherd loves himself some KOC......yes, I know what I did there.  :p

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/...2166441013
You wouldn't know it by listening to Viking fans, but KOC is generally considered one of the better play callers in the NFL
Its because he is. 
Maybe, but this year will be the real tell on that. I wasn't impressed with the playcalling or putting lesser players like Mullens, Dobbs and Hall in position to make plays last year and be successful. It was an almost rigid approach with no adjustments 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
Looks like they don't luv either Nix or Penix.
That's certainly what it appears like on the surface of this move. 
Not at 11, but maybe at 23 now.  11 can add a STUD DL (if you can't move up) and 23 you can get Penix all while keeping your 1st next year.   That would be a fucking haul for a team with key pieces in Jefferson, Addison, Darrisaw, ONeil, a revamped defense and $120M to spend next year 
It's all pretty good for the Vikes. Bottom line for me is this: We now have what it will take to at least get QB4. And they did it without giving up any future 1sts. Just THAT is pretty exciting. 
Yes, that is the way I see this as well.  Excellent trade ahead of the actual draft when the price could go sky-high.  I preemptive strike for a QB - IMO.  

I have been advocating for a carpe diem approach for a decade plus once you identify your guy.  I'm assuming Kwesi/KOC have that guy in mind and now have the ammo to move to 3 or 4.  What if Daniels slides to the 3rd pick and we are only 100 or so points short of completing a deal.  100 draft trade points is like a late third or early 4th round pick.

I would love Daniels as our potential Franchise QB!!!

We would give up 11, 23, and next year's 3rd ish.

I really like this move by Kwesi, both the deal and the timing!!!

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Welp, it's nice to have options and this helps us with that. Unfortunately for us this now becomes essentially a one player draft if we move up because we don't draft again until pick #108 in the 4th round. 
It's bold and risky, but you'll never hit on a HR QB unless you take big swings or get extremely lucky in later rounds (Brady/Purdy).  I like it better than trading back to gain extra 6th and 7th rounders like most of the prior drafts.  This move just seems uncharactoristically Vikingish - I love it!

I agree that this move is to trade up, not to sit there at 11 and then take Penix at 23 - that is possible but highly unlikely. The question now is does KAM make this move if he does not already have at least the structure of another trade already in place?

What if NE has said they are not interested in moving and Arizona said they are taking MHJ no matter what? Then we are dealing with the LAC. That pick has a value of 1700 but when it comes to taking your QBOTF, the trade value chart may not be very relevant. But my point is that it would be pointless to make this move unless KAM has some agreement that the 11 and 23 pick will (mostly) do the job. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
You don't get something for nothing. And so far anyway, we haven't given up a single future 1st, which was pretty much the assumption going in...