Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings make trade with Houston, add 1st round pick
Guessing the two 1st rounders this year was the starting point for talks with every team in the top 5 they’ve spoken to. 

Love the move from Kwesi. The #Vikings are clearly loading up for a trade up for a QB. They’re also a Dalton Risner or KJ Osborn signing away from acquiring two extra third round comp picks in 2025 (Cousins/Hunter). Giving up next years second rounder was an easy decision.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Love the move from Kwesi. The #Vikings are clearly loading up for a trade up for a QB. They’re also a Dalton Risner or KJ Osborn signing away from acquiring two extra third round comp picks in 2025 (Cousins/Hunter). Giving up next years second rounder was an easy decision.
[Image: GIt5-1CWEAAvQqL?format=jpg&name=medium]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...9878461564
They're at the point now where a 3rd or 4th rounder going in either direction can seal the deal. 

Why does everyone assume we are going to trade up?  There is some solid talent at QB after those top three.  I predict they like either Penix or Nix and will pull the trigger on one of those at 11 and get a middle DT stuffer at 23.  That would be a rock solid day 1 first round

Looks like they don't luv either Nix or Penix.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Why does everyone assume we are going to trade up?  There is some solid talent at QB after those top three.  I predict they like either Penix or Nix and will pull the trigger on one of those at 11 and get a middle DT stuffer at 23.  That would be a rock solid day 1 first round
I think it's the logical assumption knowing what we know. But I agree that having 11 and 23 for DL and QB or vice versa is pretty tempting. 

I'd say Tom, IMO, that's possible but very improbable. I really think this is done to move up. How far remains to be seen. I still maintain its not for top 3, but for the #4 or #5 spot. Also just another opinion: its for JJ McCarthy. 

But I wouldn't cry any tears if your scenario ends up being correct. 

assuming people dont get stupid and turn the top 10 into a QB fest,   I think this would be the best case scenario IMO.  I am not that much in love with any of the top 6 that I would be upset if we didnt get that QB ,  as long as we get one of the top 6... I am good.   However,  if KAMs draft machine tells him one or 2 are particularly better and he doesnt think they will make it to 11... its his ass on the line so I wouldnt begrudge him doing what it takes to make it his.