Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins signs with Falcons
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Here's what I think is funny with the two-faced media: Chris Simms and SO many others were always bagging on Cousins.....or at the minimum, back handed compliments. Now he's top 10? lol. Regardless, he'll be hard to replace and sorely missed this season and maybe beyond.
Whether you rank him top 6 or 7 like I do or top 10 doesn't even really matter. You don't typically see teams move on from QBs like that. Especially teams with offenses like the Vikings. There is such an enormous potential for this to blow up in our face. 
I totally agree. KAM needs to hit on the next franchise QB.....no pressure! I wanted Kirk to stay, but for 4 years?? We were supposed to match that? I think waiting until this very point is the big mistake KAM made. 

The Cousins extension should have been completed last season. They're backed into a corner now and the potential for disaster is (much) higher than I'd like. 

God bless em and good luck to em.

The closest the Vikings have gotten to drafting a good QB since Culpepper was Bridgewater. And Teddy's ceiling wasn't very high. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1...pB9VAPAdeg&s=19
Riiiight. Just keep catching that football, JJ. 'Dominant QB'.....lmao. The Bears can't trade him for a pack of Portillo hot dogs currently. 

I continue to believe that Fields won't be traded until right before the draft or even during it. I think they want to know CW is definitely the guy, and he doesn't get it by a bus or photographed with a bong/hooker/farm animal, before moving Fields. 

I continue to believe that Fields won't be traded until right before the draft or even during it. I think they want to know CW is definitely the guy, and he doesn't get it by a bus or photographed with a bong/hooker/farm animal, before moving Fields. 
We've seen it all over the years, havent we?  :p

Maybe not, but they've certainly got feelers out and if the right offer came, they'd pull the trigger before the Draft. Teams want to know where they are prior to the Draft as much as possible. I think what that market looks like initially for Fields is underwhelming. That might change however come Draft day. I definitely think somebody will give him another shot, but in what capacity and for what compensation. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Here's what I think is funny with the two-faced media: Chris Simms and SO many others were always bagging on Cousins.....or at the minimum, back handed compliments. Now he's top 10? lol. Regardless, he'll be hard to replace and sorely missed this season and maybe beyond.
I just want what Simms was smoking the day he told us Zach Wilson would be the next Brett Favre.