Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes need to snag a DT
I'll take one, thanks: Reader.....Armstead. 

Then it would be a party!

Can we add a couple IOL as well please?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Fingers crossed. I see Dalton Risner is taking to social media to plea for 'starting OG' money from Minnesota. I don't think the Vikings view him that way, I hope they hold firm and upgrade that spot. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Fingers crossed. I see Dalton Risner is taking to social media to plea for 'starting OG' money from Minnesota. I don't think the Vikings view him that way, I hope they hold firm and upgrade that spot. 
Have to upgrade Bradbury,   if we don't fix that position then it really won't matter who the QB or RB is. 

Reader was injured in our game vs. Cincy. Still not 100%. My preference would be Armstead as he was released by SF & therefore wouldn't factor into the comp pick formula.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I think Brandel might be our starting left guard. I was reading that the deal they gave him sort of signals that.

While we're at it, why not take a flier on Chase Young? He can be had relatively cheap, still young, with potential to live up to his physical ability. He played pretty well toward the end of last year. We need depth and rotation opposite Greenard. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
While we're at it, why not take a flier on Chase Young? He can be had relatively cheap, still young, with potential to live up to his physical ability. He played pretty well toward the end of last year. We need depth and rotation opposite Greenard. 
Wasn't the Vikes interested in him before he went to the niners?

DT does seem to be our biggest remaining need. I've wanted DJ Reader for a few months now, but he did get hurt in our game and he's 29. Armstead is 30. I think Kwesi wants younger players. Neville Gallimore (27) is a player I liked a lot in the draft, but he's been hit and miss, certainly not a slam dunk upgrade to anyone. 

DT might have to be our target at 42, if'n we still have a 2nd rounder when the time comes. Fiske and Newton stand an even chance of being there.