Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Van Ginkel in the house
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:
So we’ve signed 2 LBs now. Does that move Pace to the pine? Seems odd. I thought he played really well. Or Metellus? Same deal.

Not gonna complain about any sort of talent infusion on the defense though.

Asamoah I guess is toast until he proves otherwise. No shock there. 
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@pattersaur said:
So we’ve signed 2 LBs now. Does that move Pace to the pine? Seems odd. I thought he played really well. Or Metellus? Same deal.

Yeah, surprised as well with the two LB signings, thought we'd go DL in FA.

I'm thinking this will spell some players, and free up some fresh speed on blitz packages....and you've gotta love that.
Me three...

What does this mean for Pace? For Hicks?

Are these more "Edgy" type guys???

Hicks is a free agent. 
Exactly. Looks like Cashman and Pace on the inside and Greenard and Van Ginkel on the edge.  Vikings front 7 looks strong right now, should help on the back end with this LB crew being able to cover and rush the passer. 
They really need to improve the defensive line before the front seven can be called strong.  Right now it's nobody, nobody, and Phillips.  Looks like improvement will be through the draft.

Quote: @Greylock said:
@Wetlander said:
@bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:

@pattersaur said:

I'm thinking this will spell some players, and free up some fresh speed on blitz packages....and you've gotta love that.
Me three...

Hicks is a free agent. 
Exactly. Looks like Cashman and Pace on the inside and Greenard and Van Ginkel on the edge.  Vikings front 7 looks strong right now, should help on the back end with this LB crew being able to cover and rush the passer. 
They really need to improve the defensive line before the front seven can be called strong.  Right now it's nobody, nobody, and Phillips.  Looks like improvement will be through the draft.
LOL,  easy there Hos,  we are about 4 hours into this,  give them a few days before calling it quits on free agency,  I am really hoping for some big uglies in the next 48hours before my TV or phone needs to start sweating.  Give me DTs and OG/C.... come on..... Vikings need a new pair of guards!

@Wetlander said:
@bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:

@pattersaur said:

Me three...

Hicks is a free agent. 
Newton
Taylor
Murphy
Jenkins

All 4 should be able to start right away and one of them should be there at 42

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Greylock said:
@Wetlander said:
@bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:

@pattersaur said:

Me three...

Hicks is a free agent. 
Newton
Taylor
Murphy
Jenkins

All 4 should be able to start right away and one of them should be there at 42

My best guess is they are going to try and pick-up a RB, CB and of course that elusive Bridge QB remainder of FA. 

Any more DL additions via the draft. 

Lets get McCarthy or Penix at 11, Murphy at 42(hoping) sign Robert Hunt for IOL and lets go. 

Like that he was a Flores pick in 2019, there should be some familiarity. 

@Wetlander said:
@bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:

@pattersaur said:

Me three...

Hicks is a free agent. 
The defensive line in a 3-4 doesn't require studs like a 4-3.  Obviously it's nice when you have complete players there, but with Phillips, Roy, etc. we are solid there.

What impresses me about Van Ginkel is:

Read and react time - his feet / hands are always moving.  Plays with length & Solid punch - hard for OL to hook up. Good vision for developing lanes and fills. Doesn't "sell out" for a sack, plays the run and pass equally well, can close quickly, and never quits on a play - He doesn't slow on plays away from his side. Solid at contain & redirects, can shed effectively & hustles down the line on outside runs.

I CASUALLY watched a couple Dolphins games and this kid is a gamer.

This is a DAMN good get

Ah yeah! Defense Defense Defense 

Well this means Wonnum's gone but this guy might be better. 

Holy crap between Wonnum and DH we might get a 2025 comp pick! *thud*