Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Jones anyone?

Just saw that, thought the same thing, this team better find a running game to pair w/ their rebuilt D & ? QB…

Quote: @Kentis said:
Just saw that, thought the same thing, this team better find a running game to pair w/ their rebuilt D & ? QB…
Answers the question why they signed Jacoby from the Raiders.

Always liked Aaron Jones! 

Ekeler and Jones seem similar. Both older. Both hurt a lot. And both really good when “on”, especially as pass catchers.

Jones was better last year but Ek was playing through injury.

I think Ekeler would be my first call but if he says no I’d offer Jones about the same money and hope to land one of them.

Henry is a wildcard. I’m guessing he’ll be ring chasing though and as of about an hour ago, that probably ain’t gonna be in Minnesota. 

Nope, we need young RBs. Not old ones.

I'd LOVE to see a 2-headed RB situation in Minnesota with Chandler and Jones. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
LOL on the new avatar,  good shit right there.

I would agree on the age in general, but really if they come in cheap,  who cares how old they are?  RBs have become like paper towels,  grab one,  use it once or twice,  then toss it away and get another one.  Chandler is young enough to be the "feature back"  but they should still be looking at limiting him and letting others wear down the opponents when its possible.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
LOL on the new avatar,  good shit right there.

I would agree on the age in general, but really if they come in cheap,  who cares how old they are?  RBs have become like paper towels,  grab one,  use it once or twice,  then toss it away and get another one.  Chandler is young enough to be the "feature back"  but they should still be looking at limiting him and letting others wear down the opponents when its possible.
Agreed and depending on how the QB situation shakes out, we might not have many picks to go around. Unless the plan is to totally punt 2024 (unlikely), a one year vet RB deal makes sense to me. 

29 is ancient for a rb.  It's like a 13 year old dog.  Sleeps most of the time.