Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Cine Gump

It's hard to say for sure because they keep these things pretty quiet, but the Vikings have had a handful of players recently who really should have been better than they were. It does make you wonder if they might not just be idiots. Recently I've wondered that about Cine, Booth, Wyatt Davis and DeWayne McBride. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It's hard to say for sure because they keep these things pretty quiet, but the Vikings have had a handful of players recently who really should have been better than they were. It does make you wonder if they might not just be idiots. Recently I've wondered that about Cine, Booth, Wyatt Davis and DeWayne McBride. 
Agreed. My question is do they not interview these guys before drafting them? Talk to their college coaches?

I feel like some fans blame players for not learning the playbook but to me that falls just as much if not moreso on the scouting department and GM of the team. To me that should be one of the easier traits to evaluate. 

I figured this wAs the case.

8 Wonderlics...

Look, these guys either have a lot of air between the ears, bad attitudes or both. 

This is something that should be easily vetted in the pre-draft process. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I figured this wAs the case.

8 Wonderlics...

Look, these guys either have a lot of air between the ears, bad attitudes or both. 

This is something that should be easily vetted in the pre-draft process. 
Bingo. Any fan who reads reports like this is fair in saying, “Study harder!” to the player(s), so long as they’re saying the exact same thing to the FO. It’s a two way street.

A lot of very dumb people are very successful football
players.

Quote: @medaille said:
players.
....and some aren't. He can't pick up the playbook. He's misunderstood then?

Quote: @medaille said:
players.
It's not a perfect science, that's for sure. The NFL has gone from general intelligence tests like the Wonderlic to the S2, which measures the ability of players to make split-second decisions. And now that, after just one year, is being questioned due to the fact that Bryce Young scored very high on it and CJ Stroud scored very low. 

I think a lot of things go into it besides general intelligence. Work ethic and study habits, for example, can make even a bright person perform like an idiot. 

https://youtu.be/0BRZqZp7T7M?si=7izLTTSjTxOaQ8uB

And here I thought this was why he was constantly in the doghouse. I'm tired of the Lewis Cine stuff. I'm wondering if he might actually be on the bubble to make the roster this year? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
players.
....and some aren't. He can't pick up the playbook. He's misunderstood then?
I don’t know why you would try to put those words into my
mouth.  That feels like a dramatic leap
that you didn’t need to take.

I’m simply replying to the question of “Why doesn’t the vetting
process rule out dumb people” and the answer is simply that “A lot of dumb people
become very successful football players.” 
The vast majority of players have a slew of risk factors as to why they
are going to fail in the NFL.  Dumbness
is just another one of those risk factors. 
They also have a ton of attributes that are reasons why they should be drafted.  Cine is very athletically gifted.  Sometimes you take the risk that the pros
will manifest and the cons will be overcome.