Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here We Go Again ..Riley Reiff leaves Thursday practice injured, Zimmer responds

[Image: kq97yu7mnbgw.jpg]
Riley Reiff has seen his new beginnings with the Minnesota Vikings get off to a concerned start in training camp.
The team's left tackle, who was the biggest signing of free agency after inking a five-year deal worth $58 million, left Thursday's training camp practice and was replaced by Rashod Hill.
UPDATE (5:40 p.m. CT): Head coach Mike Zimmer has chimed in, telling KFAN that Reiff is expected to be okay after a "twinge" in practice on Thursday.
Dayum...
http://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Bolt/Riley-...-105547490

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+1500espn%2Fsportswire%2Fvikings+%281500+ESPN+SportsWire+-+Minnesota+Vikings%29

You know, I hate these aholes...guess no one told Jud that Remmers can play LT too...fucking moron...

if jugg head is such a football genius why is he a beat writer for the #2 sport radio station in a small sports market when he should be getting paid big money as a GM?  What a dip shit asshole,  or maybe he knows where the LT tree is... 

what point?  that the team isnt 3 deep at LT?  show me a team that is.  

he talks like the Vikes are the only team that is relying on young players to back up their starters.  

LT is an expensive position when it comes to proven talent,  no team can afford to have a veteran starter and a decent vet backup.... and if the vet backup isnt worth decent money... than whats the upside vs letting a younger less proven guy get in there and possibly be better than the guy who is sitting unsigned as every other player is headed to camp.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
what point?  that the team isnt 3 deep at LT?  show me a team that is.  

he talks like the Vikes are the only team that is relying on young players to back up their starters.  

LT is an expensive position when it comes to proven talent,  no team can afford to have a veteran starter and a decent vet backup.... and if the vet backup isnt worth decent money... than whats the upside vs letting a younger less proven guy get in there and possibly be better than the guy who is sitting unsigned as every other player is headed to camp.
Our backup OT's, w/ the exception of Clements, who none of us want to see play tackle again, lack in the expereince department, I think. I guess it's leave it to Beavers! B)

Jesu Cristo, are you kidding me? Lol or smh (again)????

I hope they're able to get more veteran depth sometime before the season begins. It was/is on the radar of most of us already. This is just a reminder how fragile things can be. A chilling one at that. 

I guess Jud forgot Remmers can play LT...

At some point you have to you know - actually develop players.  If you keep signing vets as backups you will never develop any.  Clemmings is at guard now at least.