Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Lance
Eisen heard Vikings may trade for Lance.

You would think after Reagor, Blacklock, and Davenport that they would get out of this mind set of turning trash into treasure.

Ok, but I'm sure its nothing more than a flyer if its even accurate. There will be no planning on him amounting to anything, just surprise. Trade comp below:

[Image: Lay-s-Potato-Chips-Classic-Flavor-10-oz-...cd9a9.jpeg]

There are better bridge options out there.

I was wondering when we'd finally hear the Lance to Vikings rumors. Didn't take too long. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
There are better bridge options out there.
Yea I would certainly not think of Lance/Z Wilson's as bridge QB's.

A bridge QB is Mayfield and maybe Minshew/Browning with our first round QB in the wings.  

Now if we resign Kirk and somehow miss on all the Top QB's I can see us bringing in a Lance/Z Wilson as a flyer to develop.  But I think that is a very longshot scenario.  I think we are about 95% sure to draft a first round QB.  

Lance is like a rumor widget in a rumor creator's toolkit.   No one's seen him on a field in a couple of years and when they did he accomplished nothing, but he's in every trade rumor, some team is always ready to spend actual valuable assets to acquire him.   It's honestly turned into a form of comedy.

Nothing to lose if he's cheap.  I'd send a 6th rounder Dallas's way for him.  

Didn't Dallas just pick up his 5th year option? That would make him an expensive bridge option.

If Kirk leaves, just quit picking through discarded scraps and go up and get your future QB. He would likely be starting before the end of the season no matter who the bridge is.

LOL, in this scenario/story, the Vikings are trading their 3rd rounder, riiiiiiiiiiiight… Wink B)