Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cousins be resigned? (SPOILER ALERT.... NO!)

Up until the last few days I would have said yes,  but this Atlanta steam seems to have to much fire producing it so I'm trending towards no....but then again it's that time of year where the steam may just be coming from a warm pile of shit on a cold morning.

I still believe he will. He had some great momentum before his injury and was playing the best he has ever played the second year in KOC's offense. Another year of improvement in the defense could make the team competitive. We shall see.

Yes - KC has played his personal best these past two seasons.  I think not having to "start over" again in a new offense will make him stay put. 

Cousins is for Cousins and the money.  He is not going to give himself to the Vikings and play for peanuts.  
He is 1-4 in playoff wins for his career.

He has a little over a .25% winning percentage against teams over .500 in the season.
The ROI just isn’t there.  He would have to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years for the Cousins experiment to be labeled a success.

Move on! 

Should they? Yes. Will they? I'm leaning towards no. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
If they should then why don't they?  Why didn't they last year when it would have been easier - no injury question (although noted physician Doctor Maroonbells tells me it's of no concern :p), no free agency competition, etc.

If it's the right move why won't they do it?  Just another Kwesi mistake?  Are they really going to blow this great opportunity over nitpicky contract details?  

Fyi, odds at DK pre-combine were around 75% Kirk returns to the Vikings.  Post-combine they have flipped to 60% he becomes a Falcon.

StickyBun said it's 100% guaranteed so I trust him

Quote: @comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
If they should then why don't they?  Why didn't they last year when it would have been easier - no injury question (although noted physician Doctor Maroonbells tells me it's of no concern :p), no free agency competition, etc.

If it's the right move why won't they do it?  Just another Kwesi mistake?  Are they really going to blow this great opportunity over nitpicky contract details?  

Fyi, odds at DK pre-combine were around 75% Kirk returns to the Vikings.  Post-combine they have flipped to 60% he becomes a Falcon.
Because Kwesi has a rigid, specific financial vision for the team that does not include veteran QB money on the books in 2026.  And yes, I think this is a mistake. 

Atlanta should be forced to give the Vikes their #1 pick for tampering w/ our starting QB. Then they can have the greedy bastard…  Wink B)