Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: We watched this last night

Not a happy tale by any means, one of the better movies we've seen in some time:

Great cast
Scorsese

[Image: 393610304_191508777317634_38972390896220...e=65E02DC2][Image: eyJidWNrZXQiOiJmZGMtc2l0ZXB1YmxpYy1tZWRp...VyIn19fQ==]

I'll see Flower Moon at some point, but I've been mostly disappointed with the Oscar best picture nominations this year. Watched Anatomy of a Fall last night, so I've now seen all but three. Everyone seems to struggle to tell their stories in two hours. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'll see Flower Moon at some point, but I've been mostly disappointed with the Oscar best picture nominations this year. Watched Anatomy of a Fall last night, so I've now seen all but three. Everyone seems to struggle to tell their stories in two hours. 
Haven't see that one yet, its on our radar. 
 We enjoyed Oppenheimer a great deal. 

Killers of the Flower Moon was a very dry book to read, Scorsese translated it well to screen. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Haven't see that one yet, its on our radar. 
 We enjoyed Oppenheimer a great deal. 

Killers of the Flower Moon was a very dry book to read, Scorsese translated it well to screen. 

Sandra Huller in Anatomy was the best acting performance I saw all year. But there's a LOT of courtroom dialogue toward the end. And it's in French so you can't take your eyes off the subtitles for a second. 

Oppenheimer was the best IMO. Holdovers and American Fiction also very good. 

I'm really struggling, trying to find something quality on either Netflix or Max right now. American Conspiracy: the Octopus Murders started out strong, a very interesting government cover up. But now its getting into melodrama and other contrived stupidness that has soured me on it around episode 3. Aggravating.

Just saw the first two episodes of Shogun. Very well done. It's got me hooked.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Me too, definitely going to keep watching.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm really struggling, trying to find something quality on either Netflix or Max right now. American Conspiracy: the Octopus Murders started out strong, a very interesting government cover up. But now its getting into melodrama and other contrived stupidness that has soured me on it around episode 3. Aggravating.
If you're looking for something with some action and comedy, the Brothers Sun was entertaining.  It's on Netflix.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Watched ep #2 last night, very well done! 

This is next on our radar. Just hit Apple+ streaming

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbqwuSAdAkq-h5SILDKf2...tGLirESSSt]