Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do we hope goes top 10 to have a QB drop to us?
Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
[Image: qb-prospects-under-pressure-in-2023-seas...39751ad250]

A big shock I could see is either Williams or Maye falling. In my opinion, both are good prospects, but are not what they are widely being made out to be by “draft experts”. 

Either falling could really set off a bidding war. 

Above is performance under pressure numbers. 
That sure as hell paints Bo Nix in a positive light...

I know some posters here love the guy. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I want a guy named Kool-Aid on the team. 

Just so I can buy the jersey.

[Image: Kool-Aid-Man.jpg]
When my wife and I were picking out names for our son it was between Kool-Aid and Thomas.  We also went with Kool-Aid.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
I want a guy named Kool-Aid on the team. 

Just so I can buy the jersey.

[Image: Kool-Aid-Man.jpg]
When my wife and I were picking out names for our son it was between Kool-Aid and Thomas.  We also went with Kool-Aid.  
Stoli could work for a girl. Cheers. Jk. Watch there is probably someone out there that used that as a name

[Image: hlt6acpc6f9d.jpg]

A big shock I could see is either Williams or Maye falling. In my opinion, both are good prospects, but are not what they are widely being made out to be by “draft experts”. 

I want to bump this data-set...

JJM has been getting a lot of the attention lately - but these #'s for Nix under pressure are pretty telling. 

I dont know if this is the system or what? This is someone who could be there @ 11. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Havoc1649 said:

I want to bump this data-set...

JJM has been getting a lot of the attention lately - but these #'s for Nix under pressure are pretty telling. 

I dont know if this is the system or what? This is someone who could be there @ 11. 
Good call. I noticed the stats under pressure in another graphic this weekend. Seems to fit what most think about the QBs: Penix struggles under pressure. Nix is great under pressure, but he throws short a lot. 

Interesting to me that McCarthy was victimized more by drops than the others.

It is so early as of yet but already hearing rumors that Drake Maye might falls some.  Not a Levis fall like last year but maybe out of Top 3.  If that is the case, I would do anything possible to get up and get him.  Right now, I like Jaydan Daniels better, but he seems like a solid second pick.  If I am Kwesi I am already talking about the Cardinals pick as a target.  

The Cousins decision is in March and the draft in April so we will know where we stand.  

I'm on record (maybe broken) as to wanting to move on from a 36yr old injured QB who may never be 100% again.  Risky decision in March, no doubt.  But I would then push my chips into that Cardinals pick range as the draft gets closer and we have a better read.  

Nix’s number are great, but we need to remember their offense. They use the screen and short passing game as essentially an extension of their running game so that can affect numbers. On tape, what I see from Nix that sets him apart is ball placement. He is a WR’s yack dream. His placement is often exceptional and allows for creation. I can’t even count how many long TD’s they had from 8-12 yard throws. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
It is so early as of yet but already hearing rumors that Drake Maye might falls some.  Not a Levis fall like last year but maybe out of Top 3.  If that is the case, I would do anything possible to get up and get him.  Right now, I like Jaydan Daniels better, but he seems like a solid second pick.  If I am Kwesi I am already talking about the Cardinals pick as a target.  

The Cousins decision is in March and the draft in April so we will know where we stand.  

I'm on record (maybe broken) as to wanting to move on from a 36yr old injured QB who may never be 100% again.  Risky decision in March, no doubt.  But I would then push my chips into that Cardinals pick range as the draft gets closer and we have a better read.  
Yes on the bolded.

Nix’s number are great, but we need to remember their offense. They use the screen and short passing game as essentially an extension of their running game so that can affect numbers. On tape, what I see from Nix that sets him apart is ball placement. He is a WR’s yack dream. His placement is often exceptional and allows for creation. I can’t even count how many long TD’s they had from 8-12 yard throws. 

I think he's gonna kill it in the NFL.  

The more  you look at his resume, there aren't many weaknesses.

He's been coached up/ His father being a HS FB coach gave him an advantage. 

The ball always went where it was supposed to go.  

Definitely true that Oregon uses a short passing attack. 

Thing is, Nix did it so well he set an NCAA record for accuracy @ 77.4%. 

He also played  5   seasons and  set a record by starting  61 games, his mechanics and fundamentals are way above average .

His game isn't to be confused with Mahommes, Herbert or Allen  . IMO He's  bit bigger better version of Drew Brees or Purdy. 

I hope he's who Kwesi and KOC want.