Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of Viking's fans around the country....
We already know how well they travel, but this latest info from YouTube TV streaming service is interesting. The NFL is King. 

"YouTube just announced its TV product surpassed 8 million paid subscribers – growth aided by the addition of NFL Sunday Ticket to its offering.

Analysts have estimated YouTube added 1.3 million subscribers to the NFL package this season. The base plan + NFL package generates over $7 billion in annual revenue, which would be ~20% of parent co. Google’s total subscription and device revenue in 2023. 

A big miss this past quarter is the growth of free subscribers to YouTube channels operated by the National Football League (NFL) teams, and how the teams leveraged all of the marketing by YouTube to attract NFL fans to its platform. 

The 32 NFL teams average 201k subscribers, and 26 million views over the past 12 months to their team channels. Dude Perfect, a top sports creator group on YouTube, has over 1.7 billion views in the past year. 

The Eagles, Chargers, Cowboys, Chiefs and Vikings top the league in channel view counts. The Cowboys are the only team among the group to not lean into Shorts to drive views."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
We already know how well they travel, but this latest info from YouTube TV streaming service is interesting. The NFL is King. 

"YouTube just announced its TV product surpassed 8 million paid subscribers – growth aided by the addition of NFL Sunday Ticket to its offering.

Analysts have estimated YouTube added 1.3 million subscribers to the NFL package this season. The base plan + NFL package generates over $7 billion in annual revenue, which would be ~20% of parent co. Google’s total subscription and device revenue in 2023. 

A big miss this past quarter is the growth of free subscribers to YouTube channels operated by the National Football League (NFL) teams, and how the teams leveraged all of the marketing by YouTube to attract NFL fans to its platform. 

The 32 NFL teams average 201k subscribers, and 26 million views over the past 12 months to their team channels. Dude Perfect, a top sports creator group on YouTube, has over 1.7 billion views in the past year. 

The Eagles, Chargers, Cowboys, Chiefs and Vikings top the league in channel view counts. The Cowboys are the only team among the group to not lean into Shorts to drive views."
It's interesting how shorts are dominating media these days. I'm no screenager, but even I have found myself staring at shorts for a stupid amount of time. Sure, it's mostly Neil deGrasse Tyson, but still a large waste of time. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

It's interesting how shorts are dominating media these days. I'm no screenager, but even I have found myself staring at shorts for a stupid amount of time. Sure, it's mostly Neil deGrasse Tyson, but still a large waste of time. 

I love YouTube shorts, a big fan. Its a fit with my attention span now. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but that number of 1.3 million new paid subscribers to the Sunday ticket seems like a really pathetic number. It also doesn't mention how many overall subscriptions were lost in the move from Direct to youtube. Based on the 2 billion per year contract youtube paid the NFL, I don't see the economic long game.

Then again it's google, they can just buy the NFL, and only show us the games that are good for us, or least harmful. Very altruistic...