Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J Gibbs
I remember when the draft ended how the talking heads sqid the Lions were stupid to draft him when they had other capable backs.
Were the Lions right ir what?
Their last draft class was beyond steller.

I gues those that say you draft the best player avaialabke were on to something.

Not 5 mins before that drive I texted some friends saying it’s weird he only has 5 carries (for 25 yds so good ypc). Well, then that drive they rode him right down the field for a TD. He’s fast out there. Impressive player.

The Lions are UNSTOPPABLE

I was going to place $ on TB too lol!

Outside of GB, nobody was rooting harder for GB last night than the entire city of Detroit. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f3yve8g9fp6xtlyzm4...y.gif&ct=g]

Gibbs may have been highest on their board. I was surprised they took him at the spot, but not at all surprised they wanted him. He was a top flight prospect coming out, it’s become uncommon for any team take a RB so early. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Gibbs may have been highest on their board. I was surprised they took him at the spot, but not at all surprised they wanted him. He was a top flight prospect coming out, it’s become uncommon for any team take a RB so early. 
Bijan Robinson went to ATL even earlier and they barely gave him the ball. And now their coach is gone, ha. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Havoc1649 said:
Bijan Robinson went to ATL even earlier and they barely gave him the ball. And now their coach is gone, ha. 
He did have over 1,500 yards from scrimmage as he caught a lot of passes, but your point is valid. They only ran him like 214 times even though he was averaging 4.6 per. Falcons coach earned his way out. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
@pattersaur said:
@Havoc1649 said:
He did have over 1,500 yards from scrimmage as he caught a lot of passes, but your point is valid. They only ran him like 214 times even though he was averaging 4.6 per. Falcons coach earned his way out. 
is that a terrible way to use a stud RB though?  limit his hits throughout the season in hopes to extend his use?  sure it ended up getting the coach sacked, but was that really the reason?  I think that may not be a terrible thing.  Use him as a runner enough to keep the defense honest to the run,  but dont wear him out like a bell cow back gets used.