Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer to test handing off play calling duties during a preseason game
McCarthy couldn't do it...Not sure Zimm will either.

The Vikings head coach says he’ll likely let defensive coordinator George Edwards call a preseason game next month to see if that frees up Zimmer to better manage things.There’s still a possibility of that ending this season. The Vikings head coach says he’ll likely let defensive coordinator George Edwards call a preseason game next month to see if that frees up Zimmer to better manage games in his fourth season at the helm.
“I’ll probably have [Edwards] call one in a preseason game and see how it goes,” Zimmer said Tuesday. “I have not decided yet, no, totally for the season, but I think it’d be good practice in the preseason to see how it goes. See if it helps me help other areas of the game, so I’m kind of thinking that way.”
http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-t...436548793/

I would think that a lot of the play calling is situation dependent and for the most part could be handled by a computer,  there are going to be times that they will deviate from tendency to catch teams off guard,  but I doubt that there is really that much change up in game plan execution during the course of a game and if needed I am sure that Zim would have his head phones tuned into the play calls and be able to interject at any time.