Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "I can't lose as a fan" Bowl is on later today......
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mblack said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:
The Packers were one game from missing the playoffs, they are not as good as it may seem.

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
@FLVike said:
The Packers were one game from missing the playoffs, they are not as good as it may seem.
Agreed, they aren't world beaters but Love has looked good. 
wishful thinking. they beat your team by 22. young team that  started to come together in mid November. Better than peaking in October every year.
100% agree. We have this lofty goal of what success and good is yet our team languishes in then basement year after year when teams we consider flukes and not good enough are playing in the post season.
As I said befire we can be fans and also realise when a team is good.
I can only wish we coupd play like the Lions ir Packers. As of now they are miles better than us and I really am pissed saying that.
All day today I hav been wondering what if we had Harbaugh? Could we have been better? That may not have been the answer but it is super frustrating spinning our wheels in the second and third tiers in the nfl.
Not only the Lions and Packers, but lets not forget the Bears were better than us this season, have two top 10 picks (including #1 overall), and 60 million in cap space to spend in free agency. That's the difference between tearing it down, making difficult decisions/trades, and building it up making smart decisions. Meanwhile we have the "competitive rebuild" and an ownership group that thinks we are always super bowl contenders, which has kept us right where we've been...stuck in the mud going nowhere 
I agree with your overall point but CHI has the same record as us and picks before us, so I’m not sure how you can say they were better. 
Just typical Viking fan overreaction. Let's not forget that when the Vikings lost their starting QB, they had just blown out the Packers 6 days after beating the 49ers. QBs are important and if they're able to sign Cousins, the Vikings will once again have the best offense in the division next year. But no doubt, the other teams are getting closer. 
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Packers entire offense and young players started to jell and they are going to be damn good. Lions have the best line and some great young playmakers. Add, say, Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze on the Bears next year (possible) and how will that look? It's turned into an arms race and there's no guarantee simply by bringing Cousins back next year that the Vikings trot out the top offense in the division. 
Nothing's a guarantee, and the Bears, provided they don't fuck it up, should be better next year. Still, if the Vikings sign Cousins, no team in the division boasts a better QB/WR/WR/TE/OL than the Vikings.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mblack said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
@FLVike said:
wishful thinking. they beat your team by 22. young team that  started to come together in mid November. Better than peaking in October every year.
100% agree. We have this lofty goal of what success and good is yet our team languishes in then basement year after year when teams we consider flukes and not good enough are playing in the post season.
I can only wish we coupd play like the Lions ir Packers. As of now they are miles better than us and I really am pissed saying that.
All day today I hav been wondering what if we had Harbaugh? Could we have been better? That may not have been the answer but it is super frustrating spinning our wheels in the second and third tiers in the nfl.
Not only the Lions and Packers, but lets not forget the Bears were better than us this season, have two top 10 picks (including #1 overall), and 60 million in cap space to spend in free agency. That's the difference between tearing it down, making difficult decisions/trades, and building it up making smart decisions. Meanwhile we have the "competitive rebuild" and an ownership group that thinks we are always super bowl contenders, which has kept us right where we've been...stuck in the mud going nowhere 
I agree with your overall point but CHI has the same record as us and picks before us, so I’m not sure how you can say they were better. 
Just typical Viking fan overreaction. Let's not forget that when the Vikings lost their starting QB, they had just blown out the Packers 6 days after beating the 49ers. QBs are important and if they're able to sign Cousins, the Vikings will once again have the best offense in the division next year. But no doubt, the other teams are getting closer. 
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Packers entire offense and young players started to jell and they are going to be damn good. Lions have the best line and some great young playmakers. Add, say, Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze on the Bears next year (possible) and how will that look? It's turned into an arms race and there's no guarantee simply by bringing Cousins back next year that the Vikings trot out the top offense in the division. 
Nothing's a guarantee, and the Bears, provided they don't fuck it up, should be better next year. Still, if the Vikings sign Cousins, no team in the division boasts a better QB/WR/WR/TE/OL than the Vikings.
You left out RB, which would go to the Lions IMO with the Packers not far behind 

@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mblack said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
@FLVike said:
OL?? Now you are just being silly. Both Detroit and GB have better lines already. TE and QB also debatable. I'll give you JJ, you are right about that.

Let's start Mullens, get McBride out there as RB1 and sign Willie Beavers at OG and make room in the trophy case:

[Image: 462643976.jpg]

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mblack said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
@FLVike said:
OL?? Now you are just being silly. Both Detroit and GB have better lines already. TE and QB also debatable. I'll give you JJ, you are right about that.
Obviously I meant those 5 units as a combo. Yes, Detroit's line is better than ours. But our WR1 and WR2 are better. TE might be a wash between Hock and LaPorta. But there isn't a QB in the division as good as Cousins. Love has the potential to be, which is scary enough, but he's not there yet. Let's not forget that just a few weeks ago many Packer fans wanted to draft a QB this spring to replace him. 

@kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mblack said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
@FLVike said:
Obviously I meant those 5 units as a combo. Yes, Detroit's line is better than ours. But our WR1 and WR2 are better. TE might be a wash between Hock and LaPorta. But there isn't a QB in the division as good as Cousins. Love has the potential to be, which is scary enough, but he's not there yet. Let's not forget that just a few weeks ago many Packer fans wanted to draft a QB this spring to replace him. 
If any wanted to replace him that was clearly early in the season talk. No QB was better than him the last half of the season. I miss having a young and ascending team to root for.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Let's start Mullens, get McBride out there as RB1 and sign Willie Beavers at OG and make room in the trophy case:

[Image: 462643976.jpg]
Run it all back and keep filling the trophy case.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mblack said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
@FLVike said:
If any wanted to replace him that was clearly early in the season talk. No QB was better than him the last half of the season. I miss having a young and ascending team to root for.
They showed during the game yesterday that ALL the Packers playmakers in the passing game are either rookies or second year players. It took time to jell but they looked like a well oiled machine to end the year and in Dallas. They have a young core to build around and if Love continues to ascend, they are going to be a problem moving forward as Green Bay always seems to be. Defense is also loaded with young studs. They are certainly building for the long haul and I'll go ahead and say it.....it wouldn't surprise me if they go into San Francisco next weekend and win that game