Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm with yah Danielle...
Quote: @comet52 said:
Free agency starts a little over two months from now.  Unless the Vikings want to lock up Hunter, or Kirk for that matter, prior to f.a., both are going to get to test the market and any contracts will be in competition with whatever other teams may make offers to them.  

The idea that either of them are a lock to return is not realistic imo.  
That's the issue. The Vikings can't wait to sign either one of them until the league year starts which is March 13th at 4pm. That will kick in their dead cap for 2024. You either sign them before the league start date when teams have exclusive rights starting March 11th at Noon, or you let them walk. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Sounds to me like both Cousins & Hunter would like to return, usually that’s a positive step in making it actually happen…
Like to return,   but on what terms... its easy for both sides to say they want the same thing when they aren't at the negotiating table,  this is all about saving face on both sides if this doesn't come to fruition. 
Well, it’s better than fuck you I’m out of here…!  Wink B)  

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Sounds to me like both Cousins & Hunter would like to return, usually that’s a positive step in making it actually happen…
Like to return,   but on what terms... its easy for both sides to say they want the same thing when they aren't at the negotiating table,  this is all about saving face on both sides if this doesn't come to fruition. 
Well, it’s better than fuck you I’m out of here…!  Wink B)  
Sometimes... but not always!  :p

Just within the past 10 - 15 years… Ray Edwards, Jared Allen, Brian Robison,  Everson Griffin, Danielle Hunter … now we can’t even find a decent DE? Is it that hard or our current scouting department is not good enough?

Quote: @mblack said:
Just within the past 10 - 15 years… Ray Edwards, Jared Allen, Brian Robison,  Everson Griffin, Danielle Hunter … now we can’t even find a decent DE? Is it that hard or our current scouting department is not good enough?
I would say the bold looking at recent drafts.