Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach firings.....BLACK SUN/MONDAY....
Quote: @NorseFeathers said:
Eberflus officially in as Bears head coach but several coordinators will be axed including their offensive coordinator.
Damn....their OC was the best thing....for the Vikings

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@NorseFeathers said:
@supafreak84 said:
Wow...Pete Carroll expected to be out in Seattle. Could stay on in a front office capacity 
Yep, Pete Carroll out in Seattle. He says he'd like to continue coaching.
Carroll is like the Energizer Bunny but he will be 73 years old at the beginning of this season. I'll bet Seattle has their eye on a younger guy they like and dont want to miss out on him.
Dan Quinn is supposedly the front runner for the job 

I think Carroll did one of the best coaching jobs in the league this year, Seahawks had no business being that close to a playoff spot with the talent pool on that team.  Think about Geno Smith before and after Carroll and then Russell Wilson post Carroll.  I would take him as our coach any day.  His birth certificate may say 72, but he is probably one of the best fit and most youthful coaches in the league.  Use to see him a lot when he coached USC, was always on the field before the game throwing the ball around with kids and was doing the same thing last weekend before the Seahawks game.  Great guy, have always thought of him as actually underrated for all he has done in his career.  

Bill Belichick, Patriots agree to mutually part ways.

Bill Belichick, Patriots agree to mutually part ways.
Lots of iconic coaches hanging it up or getting removed. 

Flores being discussed as a very possible candidate for all of the available head coaching jobs. If he leaves, and Pete Carroll doesn't land a head coaching job, I hope the Vikings consider Carroll for DC. He's a head coach for sure, but he cut his teeth on the defensive side of the ball. So did Belichick but I think Carroll and KOC would be a better match personality wise. KOC could learn a lot from Carroll.

Flores being discussed as a very possible candidate for all of the available head coaching jobs. If he leaves, and Pete Carroll doesn't land a head coaching job, I hope the Vikings consider Carroll for DC. He's a head coach for sure, but he cut his teeth on the defensive side of the ball. So did Belichick but I think Carroll and KOC would be a better match personality wise. KOC could learn a lot from Carroll.
And if I recall correctly,   isn't Minnesota where he started his pro coaching  career?  Like a home coming before he retires 

Edit,   nope he was with the bills one year before coming to minny.  Also sounds like he will have a bud grant type roll in Seattle.   Which he should. 

I thought Carroll was going to stay with Seattle in a still to be named capacity? I dont know if at his age he'd uproot and take a coordinator job somewhere.  I think he's mid-70;s?

I read the Carroll situation as more a semi-retirement than anything else. The guy is a heck of a coach, but he’s old and the old ball coaches aren’t seen the same way as they used to be. I always wanted him as Minnesota’s coach. 
I would think old Bill B is at that retirement point as well, but I’m guessing there’s an owner out there who will talk him out of it. I’ve noticed he’s been popping up at interviews/broadcast booth type stuff for the past year or two so maybe he plans on that. 
He was a big part of the Patriots success. Their championship teams had outstanding defensive personnel and were almost always top 10. Brady is the GOAT, but those defenses were just as vital as him. 

Brady taking hometown discounts certainly helped.

[Image: n8kgf04tsc4s.gif]