J. Harbough sends Thank You letter
Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@bigbone62 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@bigbone62 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
I thought it was a mistake not hiring him. Would anybody trade KOC for him now?
You can probably thank Jim Stapleton for that set of circumstances.
Jim Stapleton is not and has never been a minority owner of the Vikings. That has been debunked. Stapleton was part of Reggie Fowlers team that bid on the Vikings. He would have been a member on the board of directors had the Reggie deal not fell through. He did then assist the Wilfs but was never given any offical role after they took ownership.  
Did I say insinuate anything about Stapleton's official position on the org. chart?
Lol then what does a guy who only briefly, and nearly 20 years ago, have to do with Harbaugh not being hired in MN two seasons ago? 
Who are you even talking about?

He was hired by the Detroit Tigers in 2001 as senior vice president of business affairs. He left that job and was hired by Reggie Fowler in 2004 to guide the franchise through the stadium seeking process. When Fowlers bid fell through Stapleton then served a similar role during the purchasing process with the Wilfs. Had the Fowler deal not fallen through Stapleton would have served on the board of directors. He had no role with the team once the Wilfs took over. 
That may be true, but it's interesting that Stapleton has never denied John U. Bacon's assertion that he sabotaged Harbaugh's process with the Vikings. In the open letter about Bacon's accusations Stapleton only took issue with who was leaking information about recruiting violations during the Covid period. (Stapleton now sits on the committee of Infractions for the NCAA).

Interesting that Stapleton is also believed by some to having meddled behind the scenes, and sabotaged former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez. After refuting the allegations the university ultimately had Stapleton's sideline passes revoked.

This guy sounds like a high powered Conner Stalions who likes to think of himself as a kingmaker, powerbroker. Probably a 500 page manifesto to be found somewhere on his Bloomfield Hills estate.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
Yeah, a great college coach always makes for a great pro coach. 
I know, I can only imagine what he would do in the NFL . . 

Maybe take a below average team and turn them into a monster to compete in NFCCG 2 out of 3 years, with a Super Bowl in between.
Makes ya wonder why they pushed him out in San Francisco. He said it himself. It wasn't his decision. Why? Why would the world's best-ever coach get pushed out? 
The 49ers were 6-10 the year before they hired Harbaugh. Harbaugh was 44-19 in San Francisco with two division titles and a Super Bowl appearance. Totally transformed that franchise, and did it quickly. He was pushed out because of a clash with then GM Trent Baalke and whispers of him jumping ship to Michigan every year. I think it was a mutual parting of ways but reads as he "was fired." As we know, when the GM and head coach don't see eye to eye and aren't on speaking terms...it's a problem 
Baalke has a rep as a total dbag.  I don't get why fans are so terrified of a coach who actually wins everywhere he goes.  KOC was a total unknown who is showing us a lot of flaws right now.   His best skill is pumping hot gas at the presser after the game.

People here loved Mike Zimmer and he never won shit and was abrasive as hell.  How does Harbaugh get some higher level of Viking fan look-down-your-nose than that guy?

It's weird that fans ( and owners) of a franchise that hasn't done dick for 45 years are out on the guy who might have turned that around.  
Exactly. You will always have those that will try to justify anything and everything the front office does, even when it was wrong 
You will always have those who shit on absolutely everything the FO, coaches and some players do. When they muster a compliment it's backhanded and serves to further shit on another aspect. It's almost like they aren't happy unless the team follows their Madden GM mode off-season plans.

@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Maybe take a below average team and turn them into a monster to compete in NFCCG 2 out of 3 years, with a Super Bowl in between.
Makes ya wonder why they pushed him out in San Francisco. He said it himself. It wasn't his decision. Why? Why would the world's best-ever coach get pushed out? 
The 49ers were 6-10 the year before they hired Harbaugh. Harbaugh was 44-19 in San Francisco with two division titles and a Super Bowl appearance. Totally transformed that franchise, and did it quickly. He was pushed out because of a clash with then GM Trent Baalke and whispers of him jumping ship to Michigan every year. I think it was a mutual parting of ways but reads as he "was fired." As we know, when the GM and head coach don't see eye to eye and aren't on speaking terms...it's a problem 
Baalke has a rep as a total dbag.  I don't get why fans are so terrified of a coach who actually wins everywhere he goes.  KOC was a total unknown who is showing us a lot of flaws right now.   His best skill is pumping hot gas at the presser after the game.

People here loved Mike Zimmer and he never won shit and was abrasive as hell.  How does Harbaugh get some higher level of Viking fan look-down-your-nose than that guy?

It's weird that fans ( and owners) of a franchise that hasn't done dick for 45 years are out on the guy who might have turned that around.  
Exactly. You will always have those that will try to justify anything and everything the front office does, even when it was wrong 
You will always have those who shit on absolutely everything the FO, coaches and some players do. When they muster a compliment it's backhanded and serves to further shit on another aspect. It's almost like they aren't happy unless the team follows their Madden GM mode off-season plans.
I suppose it goes both ways, but most here are objective and give both praise and criticism when warranted. We are coming off a 7-10 season and it's fair to question some decisions that have been made to this point and the result of those decisions. People can do that without it being labeled "Madden GM offseason plans." 

@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

This. Its always this with them. Internet NFL GMs.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

This. Its always this with them. Internet NFL GMs.
Lmao "with them!" Sticky you talk like you've never had an opinion on a fan forum before. Hilarious 

@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

I suppose it goes both ways, but most here are objective and give both praise and criticism when warranted. We are coming off a 7-10 season and it's fair to question some decisions that have been made to this point and the result of those decisions. People can do that without it being labeled "Madden GM offseason plans." 

Agreed it goes both ways. Agree most are subjective and give praise AND criticism.  However, in pushing 30 years on various Viking message boards I have yet to interact with someone who calls themselves subjective , who's actually subjective. That phrase is typically code for "I lean almost totally negative or positive, if you don't agree with  me you're not subjective".

I agree there's lots to question this off-season. But let's bring some new material to the discussion rather than belaboring the same points that the same people have repeatedly beaten into oblivion and back for multiple seasons. 

We're all cranky after 7/10...I know I am. 

@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Agreed it goes both ways. Agree most are subjective and give praise AND criticism.  However, in pushing 30 years on various Viking message boards I have yet to interact with someone who calls themselves subjective , who's actually subjective. That phrase is typically code for "I lean almost totally negative or positive, if you don't agree with  me you're not subjective".

I agree there's lots to question this off-season. But let's bring some new material to the discussion rather than belaboring the same points that the same people have repeatedly beaten into oblivion and back for multiple seasons. 
And what "same points" might those be? 

@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Seems many of those fans dont really want to win anything, just make sure all their favorite players that they have posters of in their bedroom stay with the team forever.

@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

And what "same points" might those be? 

Lol, if you don't know what I'm talking about someone may be logging into your account behind your back. Your account regurgitates the same things over and over. Posters on here know exactly what threads you'll be active in and exactly what you're going to remind the board of that you've made everyone well aware of multiple times prior.