Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Game Tix; On Sale 7/24
Someone was asking about these earlier...

Luckily I don't have to bother trying this year. Already ordered mine for Tampa Bay off of SeatGeek. Last year on ticketmaster was so frustrating... over an hour and never got a ticket to show up.  Here's hoping somebody gets lucky and scores face value Packer tix B)

Thanks. As expensive as they are, I've discovered it's still cheaper to get single tix from the box office than it is on the ticket market. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Thanks. As expensive as they are, I've discovered it's still cheaper to get single tix from the box office than it is on the ticket market. 
Yup, that's because the brokers hit both buyer and seller with "service fees", plus the team charging season ticket holders full price for preseason games.

Example: the TB tix I just got were in the $750 season tix  upper deck section. I paid $111 each.  Ripoff? Somewhat, but not because of the seller.

$750/10 games= $75 game, but 2 of those games are the nearly worthless preseason games the NFL sticks season tix holders full price for.  If I'm generous and credit the preseason games resold at $20 each, that's $710/8 regular season games = $89 just for the seller to break even.  Then the broker takes a commission from the seller so they have to charge extra just to get back to $89. 

Finally the broker gets gravy on the other end with the service fee to the buyer.  After all that, I pay $111 for supposedly originally $75 tickets and it's possible the seller didn't actually make money on them.  Now some sellers really are out to gouge people (e.g., selling Packer tix for 4X face value) but if you look around you can find reasonable deals.

FYI: your best bet for cheap broker tix this year are the Rams and Bengals games. Better available seats than the team box office single-game leftovers and darn near face value especially in the upper deck.

Quote: @RS Express said:
@MaroonBells said:
Yup, that's because the brokers hit both buyer and seller with "service fees", plus the team charging season ticket holders full price for preseason games.

Example: the TB tix I just got were in the $750 season tix  upper deck section. I paid $111 each.  Ripoff? Somewhat, but not because of the seller.

$750/10 games= $75 game, but 2 of those games are the nearly worthless preseason games the NFL sticks season tix holders full price for.  If I'm generous and credit the preseason games resold at $20 each, that's $710/8 regular season games = $89 just for the seller to break even.  Then the broker takes a commission from the seller so they have to charge extra just to get back to $89. 

Finally the broker gets gravy on the other end with the service fee to the buyer.  After all that, I pay $111 for supposedly originally $75 tickets and it's possible the seller didn't actually make money on them.  Now some sellers really are out to gouge people (e.g., selling Packer tix for 4X face value) but if you look around you can find reasonable deals.

FYI: your best bet for cheap broker tix this year are the Rams and Bengals games. Better available seats than the team box office single-game leftovers and darn near face value especially in the upper deck.
Don't forget trying to recoup some of that PSL fee in each sale.

Ill be trying to land some Saints tickets. I know its and extra long shot but we'll see. Ive looked on ticketmaster and online and dont see anyway promoting that tickets go on sale tomorrow? 

Quote: @KyVikesFan11 said:
Ill be trying to land some Saints tickets. I know its and extra long shot but we'll see. Ive looked on ticketmaster and online and dont see anyway promoting that tickets go on sale tomorrow? 
Got an email from Vikings...Its legit.

Its evidentlly a Vikings app presale? I cant find much info on it. I assume they go on sale on the app at 10. 

I got the email but it wouldn't hurt to call the ticket office for more details.

website shows no options for single game tix as of yet.