Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Stefanski
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
Also, while I think there's a decent chance we could have won the division with a healthy Cousins, we were only 3-4 in games he started and we still couldn't run the ball. With all the injuries we've had it's just hard to say how this Vikings team would have finished out the year. It makes evaluating everything going into next season difficult. 
Playoffs I’d say yes, definitely. But the Lions are 11-4 on a pretty easy schedule. We probably weren’t winning the division even with Kirk.
The Vikings could have beaten Detroit with Mullens throwing 4 picks....so how wouldn't we have a better chance with Cousins? We play them twice. Minnesota's record heading into the first matchup against Detroit would have been certainly better than it was without him. 
Don't know. We lost to a terrible Chargers team at home with a healthy Cousins/Jefferson with Brandon Staley doing everything humanly possible to lose the game. Started the season 1-4 with a healthy Cousins. So while I'd like to believe we could have made a run with Kirk, this is a flawed football team and it's hard to say with any certainty. 
It took a few weeks for the players to learn the new defense. Once they did, we went on a roll with Kirk, even without JJ. (I am not the biggest Cousins fan but I think there are very few QBs who are better in the pocket than Kirk. That said, I am aware of his limitations.)

Kevin Stefanski should have been hired in February 2020 after Zimmer was fired. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
Kevin Stefanski should have been hired in February 2020 after Zimmer was fired. 
Dan Orlovsky this morning on "Get up" pronounced the Coach of the Year award as "over" and it was hands down Stefanski 

Reported by Wolfsen yesterday that Flacco had high interest in playing for the Vikings prior to the trade deadline but that interest was not reciprocal. The Vikings instead elected to trade for Josh Dobbs. 

So keep shining them balls Sticky...

Shoot, give Kwazy another couple of seasons to finish building them & the Lions could be the next dynasty…  Wink B)  

This year, no NFL coach has had to maneuver around more obstacles than Stefanski, who lost his perennial Pro Bowl running back Nick Chubb to a season-ending knee injury in the first half of the second game of the season. Cleveland came into the season with a loaded roster, but it has been unloaded by a staggering run of injuries that has struck virtually every position group on the roster.

In the week leading up to the Browns’ 20-17 win over the Chicago Bears last Sunday, the Browns at one point had 13 players on the injured reserve list, many of them key starters. On the Browns’ first possession of the game with the Bears, guard Joe Bitonio limped off the field with a back condition.

As a result, the Browns essentially played the entire game with only one starting offensive lineman, guard Wyatt Teller. The other four were backups. But they still managed to win the game. Again.

Indeed, the biggest issue virtually every week is how many of the Browns’ starters will be able to play? Whatever the number is, Stefanski has been able to make the most of what he has on a given day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimingraham...302b986a0f

& Stefanski is doing all this despite having Bill Musgrave on his staff…  Wink B)  

Yeah Flacco was great with the Jets last year. No one knew he was going to get it together this year. There was outreach in October but a different choice was made. [Image: w3jy3hyb3jjf.gif]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Yeah Flacco was great with the Jets last year. No one knew he was going to get it together this year. There was outreach in October but a different choice was made. [Image: w3jy3hyb3jjf.gif]
I thought he was finished with nothing left in the tank. What an unbelievable run so far. 1,616 yards and 13 touchdowns in five starts. Becoming the first QB in league history to pass for at least 250 yards and two TDs in his first five games with a team.

Also, while I think there's a decent chance we could have won the division with a healthy Cousins, we were only 3-4 in games he started and we still couldn't run the ball. With all the injuries we've had it's just hard to say how this Vikings team would have finished out the year. It makes evaluating everything going into next season difficult. 
Would have been nice to start Hall after the Dobbs fail.  Better read with way more starters to evaluate.  Now we are going to try and judge on 2 games.