Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall Appears to Be the Vikings’ Favorite to Replace Nick Mullens
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
Denver is benching Russell Wilson for Jarrett Stidham. Benching Mullens for Hall s/b an easy call.

Vikings playoff chances are much higher than the Broncos, but KOC can now make a reasonably credible case that Hall gives us a better chance to win than Mullens. 
Some of us have been making that case since Kirk went down.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
Denver is benching Russell Wilson for Jarrett Stidham. Benching Mullens for Hall s/b an easy call.

Vikings playoff chances are much higher than the Broncos, but KOC can now make a reasonably credible case that Hall gives us a better chance to win than Mullens. 
Hall was the QB who went in when Kirk went down. He looked pretty good IMO, but then he got hurt. Dobbs came in, played well and won two games. After Dobbs melted down, our actual QB2 was healthy and he played. None of this should be the least bit controversial. 

@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:

Hall was the QB who went in when Kirk went down. He looked pretty good IMO, but then he got hurt. Dobbs came in, played well and won two games. After Dobbs melted down, our actual QB2 was healthy and he played. None of this should be the least bit controversial. 
.....yes, but somehow....to some....it is. 

Surely some local reporter can tell us who is taking first team QB reps in practice, right? What's the holdup here

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Surely some local reporter can tell us who is taking first team QB reps in practice, right? What's the holdup here
We'd know if this guy were still here:

[Image: screen-shot-2023-03-16-at-110232-am.png]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
What little interest I have left in 2023 might get piqued a little bit with Hall playing...
Same. Super curious what he looks like. I don't expect greatness, but he should protect the ball a little better than Mullens did in his last game.

@purplefaithful said:
What little interest I have left in 2023 might get piqued a little bit with Hall playing...
Same. Super curious what he looks like. I don't expect greatness, but he should protect the ball a little better than Mullens did in his last game.
Dobbs would have protected the ball better than Mullins last week.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
They're sharing 1st team reps in practice. While most of us just want to close out the year with a glimmer of hope at QB, KOC either wants to keep the Packers guessing, or he truly hasn't yet decided which QB gives him the best chance for a W.

I think it probably comes down to the guy who can run the offense vs. the guy who might protect the ball better. 

I expect to see the O stutter a bit with Hall,  but I want to see if he can move the chains with his arm,  if he can make the throws that keeps the opposing D from stacking the box,  will grab the free yards with this legs when they are there and be able to get down/out without taking unnecessary hits.  I dont expect him to win the game or make us forget about the draft,  but if he can show that he could be a solid #2 next year,  then I really think you mark that as a win at this point.

Per Schefter, Hall to start vs Packers. About fucking time!