Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ's got it bad for Captain Kirk
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
Not humbling, but clarifying. 

JMO, but there is 0.0% chance the Vikings don't resign Cousins. The Vikings will absolutely contend for the NFCN crown with a healthy Kirk Cousins and possibly NFC supremacy. 
Perhaps not humbling. Expected?. Isn't it surprising he didn't thank his QB, who was in attendance, when he received the OPY award.

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@StickyBun said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:

JMO, but there is 0.0% chance the Vikings don't resign Cousins. The Vikings will absolutely contend for the NFCN crown with a healthy Kirk Cousins and possibly NFC supremacy. 
Perhaps not humbling. Expected?. Isn't it surprising he didn't thank his QB, who was in attendance, when he received the OPY award.
Not sure how you can't see how JJ sees Cousins. To each their own narrative, I suppose. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Not sure how you can't see how JJ sees Cousins. To each their own narrative, I suppose. 
True.

One thing is clear to me, Cousins is far superior in not throwing JJ into harms way.  It is really too bad about Cousins injury as he was changing the narrative.

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@StickyBun said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:

Is that a joke? 

What's maddening is how this franchise has prioritized the position. Kirk was one of the best QB's in the league before the injury, but this team has been sliding on the razor blade of life ignoring the value of his backup. Mullens, Mannion, Dobbs, Sloter, Siemian, Mond, the list goes on for the wing and a prayer all stars. A cavalcade of chumps that would, as Zimmer coined, "need a horseshoe up their ass" to get a win. Spielman and now KAM seem content playing chicken with their most important position. What's more, they did the same thing with the RB's this year. Absolutely, unacceptable. Everyone saw trouble brewing there, and nothing was done to address it via the draft or FA. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:

A cavalcade of chumps 
lol, I laughed. That it has been. 

I actually thought Mullens was a step in the right direction over Mannion.  I still do, but he can only keep things afloat for a game or 2.

Who's the "north star" franchise when it comes to back-up qb' lol

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:

Is that a joke? 

Not a joke. Just an observation without the purple shaded glasses on, and it's probably nothing but just putting it out there.

Somethings JJ did last year reminded me of Diggs' final couple of years here. Then in the offseason, JJ's "best friend" isn't mentioned as one of his top five QBs, nor thanked when he received the OPOY award.

Now that JJ has experienced two other starting QBs, perhaps he realizes how nice it is, or is more thankful, of #8 distributing the ball.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I actually thought Mullens was a step in the right direction over Mannion.  I still do, but he can only keep things afloat for a game or 2.

Who's the "north star" franchise when it comes to back-up qb' lol
Cincy, Cleveland, and Indy at least have competent backups that weren't guaranteed to flush every game they appeared in.