Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs??
Quote: @StickyBun said:
If the Vikings win their remaining home games, that will get them into the playoffs. That's the bottom line. Part of me likes that we still have meaningful games as fans and the other part just doesn't see Nick Mullens stopping throwing INTs and undermining the scoring drives. 
I agree it's cool the Vikes are still "in it" for the playoffs; especially after the crappy start to the season, then losing Captain Kirk.  I just don't think the Vikes have the QBs (pretty much the most important position) that can lead the team to winning 2 of the next 3 games.  I love Viking wins, so I hope they do - SKOL!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
If the Vikings win their remaining home games, that will get them into the playoffs. That's the bottom line. Part of me likes that we still have meaningful games as fans and the other part just doesn't see Nick Mullens stopping throwing INTs and undermining the scoring drives. 
I agree it's cool the Vikes are still "in it" for the playoffs; especially after the crappy start to the season, then losing Captain Kirk.  I just don't think the Vikes have the QBs (pretty much the most important position) that can lead the team to winning 2 of the next 3 games.  I love Viking wins, so I hope they do - SKOL!
Yep, don't have high hopes at all. Would enjoy being wrong. 

Correct. And that also means our playoffs /season is on the line this week 
against a more talented team. We lose this one and its over. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@StickyBun said:
"Hey guys and gals, you're all f-cked"!

[Image: p47b3wpnemht6ewnvpqg.jpg]

@StickyBun said:
In some ways you can argue that the Vikings are better positioned to win now than they've been since losing Kirk Cousins. 

I just hope we have a chance to payback the Giants debacle last year Sad   Ooops

If we squeak in, I can't wait for my team to be given to the altar of sacrifice.  

Any given Sunday goes out the window come playoff time.  

Also, I would love a few good starts from Hall to see what we got and what we need next offseason because this season is toast.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
@StickyBun said:
In some ways you can argue that the Vikings are better positioned to win now than they've been since losing Kirk Cousins. 
Ya know there is some merit here.  without a few  brainless plays, Mullens looked damn good in this O.  He did have Great protection so i don’t think it will be nearly as good as that this week.  

Also, the d caved at the end but alot can be contributed to 2 Jump balls.  The d has been pretty dam good. 

Have no idea whats gonna happen but i hope Mullens cleans it up and we protect him.  we will have a chance if we do those 2 things. 

@MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
@StickyBun said:
Ya know there is some merit here.  without a few  brainless plays, Mullens looked damn good in this O.  He did have Great protection so i don’t think it will be nearly as good as that this week.  

Also, the d caved at the end but alot can be contributed to 2 Jump balls.  The d has been pretty dam good. 

Have no idea whats gonna happen but i hope Mullens cleans it up and we protect him.  we will have a chance if we do those 2 things. 
At the risk of sounding like a, god forbid, optimist, there are reasons to be hopeful. 

1. JJ is healthy again and the Vikings, with JJ, Addison and TJ have the best WR/WR/TE combo in the league. And the line is pass protecting well. 

2. The Vikings now have a legit game-breaking threat at RB. 

3. Everyone and their brother predicted a Vikings loss in Cincinnati. Instead, the Vikings dominated for most of that game. We can argue all night about why we let that slip away, but that fact remains. 

4. Mullens is careless and will turn the ball over, but he did move the ball up and down the field last week. Eliminate the bonehead turnovers and he can be competent. 

5. Vikings defense is the best it's been since 2017. Goff has been horrible under pressure. 

6. Unlike the Packers, Lions, Eagles and Cowboys, the Vikings have yet to be blown out, or even soundly beaten. Every loss has been within one score. 

So while I don't expect the Vikings to do anything in the playoffs (if'n they make it), I do expect them to be competitive in all the remaining games.  Don't turn the ball over and they can win all three. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
@StickyBun said:

At the risk of sounding like a, god forbid, optimist, there are reasons to be hopeful. 

1. JJ is healthy again and the Vikings, with JJ, Addison and TJ have the best WR/WR/TE combo in the league. And the line is pass protecting well. 

2. The Vikings now have a legit game-breaking threat at RB. 

3. Everyone and their brother predicted a Vikings loss in Cincinnati. Instead, the Vikings dominated for most of that game. We can argue all night about why we let that slip away, but that fact remains. 

4. Mullens is careless and will turn the ball over, but he did move the ball up and down the field last week. Eliminate the bonehead turnovers and he can be competent. 

5. Vikings defense is the best it's been since 2017. Goff has been horrible under pressure. 

6. Unlike the Packers, Lions, Eagles and Cowboys, the Vikings have yet to be blown out, or even soundly beaten. Every loss has been within one score. 

So while I don't expect the Vikings to do anything in the playoffs (if'n they make it), I do expect them to be competitive in all the remaining games.  Don't turn the ball over and they can win all three. 

Number 4 and especially 5 are the bottom line. If there are no turnovers, the Vikings could win. If they are unable to pressure Goff, it won't matter.

Love seeing Jordan Love playing so mid. Its what he is. We need him to stay in Green Bay. 
Yeah hes no Rodgers or Favre, but he is coming along well top 10 QBR I believe, and has upside still.