Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pissed another one away....
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It just goes to show how everything broke down once Cousins went down. Qb issues, OL issues, turnovers, play calling, injuries and on and on it goes. They are trying to figure it out on the fly and this is what you get
I do wonder why it takes a team 15 weeks to find out who their best RB is.

-6 in Turnovers ain't  good enough.

To be a playoff  team, they need to be in positive territory

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

I don't mind being a bad or average team who just gets beat by better teams.

I FU&#(NG HATE a team that beats itself.   Even the losses to the Eagles and Chiefs were debatable if they beat us vs our own mistakes (JJ fumbling out of the end zone, Mattison fumbling, Mattison dropping a sure fire TD on the screen).

Tampa, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Cincy.  All games where we beat ourselves.   Dumb play calling, questionable time management, red zone failures.  At worst we should have been 4-1 during that stretch, sad considering 3 were at home

We have the talent, even with the mash unit we have been running around.  It's a shame because the NFC is for the taking this year

Quote: @Skodin said:
I don't mind being a bad or average team who just gets beat by better teams.

I FU&#(NG HATE a team that beats itself.   Even the losses to the Eagles and Chiefs were debatable if they beat us vs our own mistakes (JJ fumbling out of the end zone, Mattison fumbling, Mattison dropping a sure fire TD on the screen).

Tampa, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Cincy.  All games where we beat ourselves.   Dumb play calling, questionable time management, red zone failures.  At worst we should have been 4-1 during that stretch, sad considering 3 were at home

We have the talent, even with the mash unit we have been running around.  It's a shame because the NFC is for the taking this year
Not to absolve play-calling and scheme all together....

+/- has killed this team in 23
 They should have player Chandler much earlier then they did
  Not having KC hurts the ability to cover deficiencies elsewhere. In fact I would argue that it exacerbates them. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@Vikergirl said:
It just goes to show how everything broke down once Cousins went down. Qb issues, OL issues, turnovers, play calling, injuries and on and on it goes. They are trying to figure it out on the fly and this is what you get
This criticism is 100% fair. Pass blocking deficiencies be damned, especially once JJ got hurt we needed guys who can make plays on the field as much as possible.

Maybe KOC being Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator is just to much. Thoughts?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@kmillard said:
@Vikergirl said:
This criticism is 100% fair. Pass blocking deficiencies be damned, especially once JJ got hurt we needed guys who can make plays on the field as much as possible.
Because Mattison is trust worthy . . . a nice guy . . and looks capable . . which is exactly why the Wilfs hired KOC.

Yet, he hasn't show any game breaking capabilities and is not trust worthy.  

The moment Cousins went down, he should have taken a back seat for Chandler.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@kmillard said:
@Vikergirl said:

You just can't discount the importance of pass blocking for your RB. Because one of two things is going to happen. Either your QB is going to be sacked on a missed block or you're telegraphing to the defense that it's going to be a run play. Failure at pass blocking is probably the biggest reason why college RBs don't transition to the NFL. That & their inability to catch. Just look at our own 7th round pick, DeWayne McBride.