Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal game thoughts
• Been saying it for two years now, even when we had Dalvin, but Chandler is, and always has been, our best back. 
• Addison is better than anybody thinks he is. Vikings have ridiculous weapons. Best in the NFL if you include the TE. 
• Pace is a terrific young player, but he’s not the world’s best tackler. 

• I don’t mind the decision to pass on 1st and goal at the 1. I did mind that Mullens chose to run backwards 10 yards before throwing a prayer into a crowd. It worked. He got lucky. But this stands out as the most bone-headed decision of the season…so far. But it’s on Mullens, not KOC. 

• I do blame KOC for continuing to go back to the QB sneak, when it just wasn’t working that well. Mullens barely got the 1st down on the first few tries, so what does he do? Fake it? Misdirection? Mix it up? No, he tries and tries again. Then again. I hate the QB sneak, even when Cousins did it. Sure, it works most of the time, but it's also just asking for a bad snap or a QB concussion. Offense had been moving the ball nearly at will against the Bengals. 300 yards passing, 150 yards rushing. Just run the damn offense.

• Even if the Vikings make the playoffs, they aren’t going to win more than one. Some have been spouting this since week one. Without Cousins or some kind of messianic backup, they're now actually right. I think the Vikings are still mathematically alive for a pick in the top 10. They won’t do it, but it might be time to see some Hall. If he fails, we pick higher. If he lights it up, maybe we use that pick on something other than QB. Either way, it might be nice to know what we have there. 

This:

Even if the Vikings make the playoffs, they aren’t going to win more than one. Some have been spouting this since week one. Without Cousins or some kind of messianic backup, they're now actually right. I think the Vikings are still mathematically alive for a pick in the top 10. They won’t do it, but it might be time to see some Hall. If he fails, we pick higher. If he lights it up, maybe we use that pick on something other than QB. Either way, it might be nice to know what we have there.

QB of the future:

Dobbs - No
Mullen - No
Cousins - Yes, if we want to.
Hall - ???
Rd 1 draft pick - ???

Let's answer the Hall question before the draft question.  

What Minnesota should have done on the 3rd and short and then the failed 4th and short was brought Dobbs in like they do Taysom Hill. Would have shocked them, guaranteed and almost guaranteed a 1st down with Dobbs needing a yard....you won't stop him. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
QB of the future:

Dobbs - No
Mullen - No
Cousins - Yes, if we want to.
Hall - ???
Rd 1 draft pick - ???

Let's answer the Hall question before the draft question.  
Agree, but I think the odds of Cousins not being back are minuscule. I also think that even though you and I want to see Hall, the team won't do it until they're mathematically eliminated. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
What Minnesota should have done on the 3rd and short and then the failed 4th and short was brought Dobbs in like they do Taysom Hill. Would have shocked them, guaranteed and almost guaranteed a 1st down with Dobbs needing a yard....you won't stop him. 
If you are going to do the obvious,   then load up for obvious,   sub in somebody at center that can get some push or at least hold his own,  Bradbury is not the answer there,  get somebody that can actually get some push,  I dont know if Dobbs was that guy,  but since he was QB3 yesterday he wasn't eligible,   but there has to be somebody else on that roster with lower body strength and can take a snap,  and lastly,  get Ham or somebody, again with lower body strength,   to do that pushing of thats what you want to do.... or maybe just get creative and play to your offensive strengths and not your weaknesses. 

That was a complete failure by KOC,  and really sours a nice start to the game for me.

Quote: @minny65 said:
This:

Even if the Vikings make the playoffs, they aren’t going to win more than one. Some have been spouting this since week one. Without Cousins or some kind of messianic backup, they're now actually right. I think the Vikings are still mathematically alive for a pick in the top 10. They won’t do it, but it might be time to see some Hall. If he fails, we pick higher. If he lights it up, maybe we use that pick on something other than QB. Either way, it might be nice to know what we have there.
I wrote this last week and a bunch of posters criticized me saying that if you have a chance to be in the playoffs you play Mullens because you want to build a winning culture.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
If you are going to do the obvious,   then load up for obvious,   sub in somebody at center that can get some push or at least hold his own,  Bradbury is not the answer there,  get somebody that can actually get some push,  I dont know if Dobbs was that guy,  but since he was QB3 yesterday he wasn't eligible,   but there has to be somebody else on that roster with lower body strength and can take a snap,  and lastly,  get Ham or somebody, again with lower body strength,   to do that pushing of thats what you want to do.... or maybe just get creative and play to your offensive strengths and not your weaknesses. 

That was a complete failure by KOC,  and really sours a nice start to the game for me.
How about Oliver and Ham; at least line it up like the Eagles with two players directly behind the QB.  It is insane that KOC is now defending it.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

How about Oliver and Ham; at least line it up like the Eagles with two players directly behind the QB.  It is insane that KOC is now defending it.
I thought Oliver,  but then wondered if he could get his pads low enough to be effective.  In blocking play its often not as much about size or power as it is leverage,  low man wins.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@minny65 said:
This:

I wrote this last week and a bunch of posters criticized me saying that if you have a chance to be in the playoffs you play Mullens because you want to build a winning culture.
No, go back and read it. The bunch of posters (me) asked if you understood why a team in playoff contention can't and won't ever think that way. And that fact remains. Regardless of what I might want, or you might want, the Vikings will continue to play the QB that gives them the best chance to win....until they're mathematically eliminated.