Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This offense is fucking garbage without Cousins
[Image: 21k362ah87l1.jpg]
KOC says "Be a Goldfish"

This was garbage from top to bottom. Flores letting Higgins run wild in the 4th quarter and KOC's stupid playcalling in OT. Vikings never get it done when it matters...

Certainly not all on the offense. Mullens went over 300 yards, Chandler had a career day and Addison played his best game of the season. We just didn't make plays and the Bengals did. Defense couldn't finish. Pace pops Mixon in the hole on 4th and goal, doesn't wrap up, and Mixon muscles his way into the end zone. Higgins ridiculous catch and TD on a total lob ball. Browning scrambles and squeezes a ball into Boyd in overtime that set them up for the game winner. Just a completely disappointing outcome for two teams that are almost mirror images of each other. 

I guess we still scramble to try and back our way into the playoffs, but damn....this was a game we had to have today and should have had 

Quote: @Skodin said:
Garbage take.  There is nothing to say KOC is a very good head coach other than he's likable.  This team will be around .500, last year's team was a historical anomaly from being .500, how have we upgraded from the terrible 2020 and 2021 seasons???
As I wrote a few days ago, KOC is too nice -- he has no killer instinct.  There is a reason the Vikings play so many one score games.  And play calling in the red zone is abysmal --  Addison bailed him out on one poor red zone call.  I think KOC has many of the attributes to become a good head coach but he needs to learn from his mistakes.  Frankly, he is on the same career trajectory as his good friend Brandon Staley -- good coordinator but unable to adjust his coaching style and learn from his mistakes.  Frankly, you put Brandon Powell in that position again on a tush push, you should be immediately fired.