Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brazil anyone?
The NFL is reportedly headed to South America.According to Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports, the league is expected to reveal Wednesday that it plans on hosting a game in Brazil in the 2024 season. Jones noted the NFL also considered Spain but chose Brazil for the contest.
Playing internationally is nothing new for the NFL at this point after it launched its International Series in 2007 with a game between the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins in London.
In September, NFL executive vice president Peter O'Reilly confirmed to the Associated Press that the league was exploring Spain and Brazil as possibilities and even visited stadium sites in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo in Brazil and Madrid in Spain.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10100905-report-nfl-expected-to-announce-brazil-game-for-2024-regular-season-schedule?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Not a bad place for a tailgate! 

=) =) =)

Brazil would be fun. I wonder how much it would cost the NFL to restructure the Jesus statue arms to signal a touchdown.

[Image: christ-redeemer-rio-brazil-kirilos-cc.jpg]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

=) =) =)
my cousin lives in Rio.  quite the place for fun and everything else 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@purplefaithful said:

=) =) =)
you know what they say about Rio...There is something in the water there.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg?v=64ad5dc9]

@Bullazin said:
@purplefaithful said:

=) =) =)

....and those are the 5s in Rio. 

[Image: b3byqka7pxpw.jpeg]
Remember to floss daily…!!! 
Wink :p  

I was in Sao Paulo, Curitba and Campinas a few years ago.  Stick to the main, popular places guys.  It was the first time I'd ever seen real slums (from the road...).  Yeah, they're as bad as you can imagine it to be bad.

@Bullazin said:
@purplefaithful said:

=) =) =)

More like what I had in mind. If the NFL was really serious, they should hold the Superbowl in Brazil in late Feb or early March. Just an idea

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I was in Sao Paulo, Curitba and Campinas a few years ago.  Stick to the main, popular places guys.  It was the first time I'd ever seen real slums (from the road...).  Yeah, they're as bad as you can imagine it to be bad.
Thats more in line with what I had heard,  sure there are beautiful women and fun times to be had,  but the risk of getting robbed or much worse are very high,  especially if you make a wrong turn or get caught alone. 
Kind of sad that so many beautiful or interesting places in the world are not very safe to visit.. I would really love to go to the middle east some day and visit places of biblical / historical significance.