Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're #1 in this statistic...
Leading the league in drops fits neatly into an offense that can't run the ball, inconsistent field goal kicker and punter. A wonder they scored 3 points against the lowly Raiders!

Yet, if everything lines up, a game manager QB that doesn't turn the ball over gives them a chance to beat anybody! As lousy as they have played the last two games, they have potential.

Unfortunately the offense relies on having a QB that can pass the ball and it doesn't appear they have that unless it's Hall; we just won't know because he won't be given another chance.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think it’s a little disappointing that he hasn’t stepped
up more in JJ’s absence, but he’s close to his historical production levels (projected
613 yards compared to 650ish yards) with 4 games of Dobbs in there.  His yards per game is only 2 yards off his
last 2 seasons.  He’s currently ranked
#79 for yards and #74 for receptions, so he’s a solid #3 receiving target in
the league as our #4 receiving target.  He pretty much just needs 1 extra 40 yard reception to get back on pace.

Regarding him coming back next year, I wouldn’t plan on us
resigning any of our good offensive players unless they’re super cheap if they’re
names aren’t Cousins, Jefferson, or Darrisaw.

I would plan on us doing the thing we did during Zimmers tenure where we
spent so much on defense that we couldn’t really keep all the CBs we developed
and had to watch them go and replace them with fresh draft picks.  There’s only so much money we can spend on
offense and we’re going to be going with that superstars and everyone else on
rookie contracts model.  So either he’ll
be too good for us to afford, or he’ll be cheap and disappointing, your pick.
What good offensive players are those? Most of the offense is going to be back for the simple fact that they're under contract. By my count--excluding Cousins of course--the only free agents on offense of any consequence are Risner and KJO. Meh. The rest are pretty replaceable depth pieces.