Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had to eliminate 1 of the 4 which one would you move on from
...I really hate this question...

...but, I'd trade JJ, given that choice.

He's about to cost starting QB money, which is a market I don't like for WRs. Guys who get pummeled during midair catches are basically magnets for injuries and lost time...just ask JJ's mentor, OBJ.

Hunter is our best DL. Darrisaw is excellent and growing. Cousins has been our best performing QB in a long time, even if the team wasn't always good enough to get anywhere.

JJ, excellent as he is, looks like a very expensive series of injuries waiting to happen (at times).

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I say cut all four. Why pay these big salaries that will kill the cap?? Maybe we can get some excellent draft picks, we need to think about the future. 

[Image: that-was-sarcasm-sarcastic.gif]
You'd be surprised how many actually believe this. Or maybe you wouldn't. 
I wouldn't.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FLVike said:
@JR44 said:
I think we would have won the division if we didn't lose Cousins and still no JJ, with JJ and no Cousins, we are still a wildcard card team at best.  I would seriously see if I could use JJ to move up to get one of the top QBs.  Not thrilled with his effort to get back on the field.

What? That's just crazy trading your best player in 10 years. We can get one of the 4 or 5 best QB's coming out without even giving up an additional first round pick.
And what if that QB ends up being Trey Lance...or Zach Wilson...or Mac Jones? Then all the money we just gave JJ and Hunter and Darrisaw is wasted. You can't say it enough: it's ALL about the QB. 
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@FLVike said:
@JR44 said:
I think we would have won the division if we didn't lose Cousins and still no JJ, with JJ and no Cousins, we are still a wildcard card team at best.  I would seriously see if I could use JJ to move up to get one of the top QBs.  Not thrilled with his effort to get back on the field.

What? That's just crazy trading your best player in 10 years. We can get one of the 4 or 5 best QB's coming out without even giving up an additional first round pick.
And what if that QB ends up being Trey Lance...or Zach Wilson...or Mac Jones? Then all the money we just gave JJ and Hunter and Darrisaw is wasted. You can't say it enough: it's ALL about the QB. 
Any successful, long term HC in the NFL has had a great QB...or more than one great QB. Its the one constant. The NFL is all about the QB, 100%. And when you swing and miss, its damaging to a franchise. And there's no guarantee that even if Minnesota drafts a QB high, he'll pan out. Most don't. 
Momma always said "one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"

There is no window to winning anything w/out the QB - 49'ers would be pretty sunk right now if they didnt get lucky with Purdy. Even with that surround. 

Seen too many cant miss qb prospects fail miserably over the decades. Its a crapshoot - ask the Panthers and Bears. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@FLVike said:
@JR44 said:

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@FLVike said:
@JR44 said:

Any successful, long term HC in the NFL has had a great QB...or more than one great QB. Its the one constant. The NFL is all about the QB, 100%. And when you swing and miss, its damaging to a franchise. And there's no guarantee that even if Minnesota drafts a QB high, he'll pan out. Most don't. 
Momma always said "one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"

There is no window to winning anything w/out the QB - 49'ers would be pretty sunk right now if they didnt get lucky with Purdy. Even with that surround. 

Seen too many cant miss qb prospects fail miserably over the decades. Its a crapshoot - ask the Panthers and Bears. 

And when I say what I say, that doesn't mean that Minnesota shouldn't try. I mean they have to and should. My point is there's a big risk. That's why I feel some will only respect Cousins in retrospect and in hindsight. Because if Minnesota drafts a QB next Spring and he doesn't pan out, that will be on KOC and KAM to the current critics. Not completely fair, but goes with the territory. The buck stops with them.

I've defended him for years but now it's time for Cousins to go.  Darrisaw and JJ are just hitting their primes and Hunter is still in his.  Cousins will be 36 coming off an Achilles. Until we see if Rodgers can, there's never been a QB that old come back from that injury and play like a Pro Bowler.

Whether it's Hall or a new guy we need a QB on a rookie deal in order to keep JJ/Hock/Addison/Darrisaw  together.